Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you agree that concentrates...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by xjado321, Jul 24, 2013.

1. take away from the whole natural and earthy feel that cannabis brings? I hate concentrates for this reason, it feels just not how the great herb was intended to be. 

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Biltwellnigga, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
    The point of concentrates for "medical" use is to use less plant material and to medicate less times a day.

So less vaping, eating, smoking but be better medicated through out the day.

I think more use it recreationally rather than to medicate but shit it's always gonna be like that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. No not at all. Concentrates when done right are cleaner and healthier than combusting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Depends on the concentrate. Charras is a concentrate but it is 100% natural with no solvents of any kind. Just literally rubbing a live cannabis plant for its resins. Moroccan hash is the same way, 100% natural; although it is beat over a screen after dying for several months which is much different from making charras. Either way, there are still concentrates that are 'earthy' as you say and are just as natural as the cannabis plant itself.

5. Yeah i much prefer concentrates then weed because when made right they are cleaner and healthier. The problem is MOST concentrates are made the incorrect way. Weed is a safer bet when it comes to consistency of good product IMO. 

6. I haven't looked into concentrates much but I've heard they're like vaping but they cause holes in your brain..?
    I figured it's just propaganda but I don't know.. I heard the process to make them are really hard and somewhat dangerous

7. There are many ways to make them but only some are potentially dangerous while others are just as natural as the cannabis plant itself. The 'dangerous' ones are made using chemical solvents but they are only dangerous when made wrong. BHO (Butane Honey Oil) is the one that people mess up on most often and leave un-purged butane in the mix. However there are ways of making hash that don't use any sort of solvent or anything like that such as Charras and Moroccan hash; ice bucket hash technically uses a solvent but that is just cold water and ice so it is still natural. BHO and QWISO hash are the two that most people mess up on trying to make and leave dangerous chemicals involved; however when done properly there should be absolutely none left.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thanks for clearing that up man.
    Looks like I'm going to try out dabbing soon then!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just make sure your getting some quality stuff then! Because you can't really dab the natural stuff I was talking about so you will pretty much have to get a concentrate made from a solvent. Sadly the natural stuff isn't popular in the US; mainly India, the Middle East, and Europe. And it is a different consistency that isn't really dabbable; that being said I have never tried to dab it, in fact I have never dabbed b/c of where I live and the minimal access to concentrates I have :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  10. "natural" hash tends to have more plant matter in it still and leaves shit on the nail when dabbing...that's my experience anyway

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have always wondered about that haha. I think I will stick to charas from a chillum; idk if it beats dabbing, but damn does it taste amazing!!! Especially real Indian charas from a fresh sativa!

12. I feel like it makes the great herb even greater.concentrates are intended for people that need to be medicated for longer periods of time without smokin as much.

13. actually healthier to use ice water extrcted bubble hash or properly shot butane honey oil. Your getting nothing but the medicinal components of the plant without plant matter. Thats preffered and makes smoking herb almostseem barbaric. Tinctures and edibles are another safe way to ingest safely.

14. Also vaporizing sorry forgot bout that.

15. I think that some people see dabbing and making bho or qwiso as a 'hard drug'. It looks like your doing something way worse than just smoking weed. Especially dabbing. Unfortunately I think law makers see shit like that and are convinced that they should not make weed legal. I personally am not for or against concentrates.