Do women respect you less when you show emotional side? (question for women)

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by chills, Apr 25, 2013.

1. This is a question for women. There's been times that I've kept things to myself when going through tought times and not shared some of my pain with the girls ive been with because I feel it will make me look soft and less of a man. I hate being like this because I feel like I'm not being myself but am only acting based on expectation.

to women on here, does a guy expressing vulnerability and emotions to you make you like, respect him less?

2. All my girl friends say they want to know more sensitive men.
    I, on the other hand, am not a very sensitive woman and it seems like I have all the sensitive ones. i fucking hate it. If youre a man, and want to be thought of as a manly man, then you can't fucken cry or get upset or butthurt (there are exceptions to every rule, such as grief ect). Especially when women tell you what you need to hear but don't want to hear it, or are breaking up with you.
    I should NOT be more sensitive than a man! Do you get me!

3. I'm the opposite. I have more respect for a man like this, and its usually how I decipher a boy from a man. I believe a real man is able to show this side, however, I do agree with ^ about there being a limit ( every girl has one). Luckily everyone is different so It just depends on the chick and your compatibility with her.

4. i am guy... but yeah if you are just feeling sorry for yourself don't say that (unless you have a damn good reason in which she may pity you, but still a women would prefer you to be more positive), and don't be excessively negative ever...

5. What exactly do you expect to achieve ?, and what gives you the right to moan on others with regards to your 'issues'...it has very little on what gender you may be, more to what dominant hemisphere you use

6. I dont see a problem with a man sharing how he feels during tough times. I dont have a problem when men show emotions; its nice. But there is a difference between showing emotions and being a little bitch about things.

7. I'd say yes, if you are crying because your pet, mom, gramps died or something. But if a man acts like a flamboyant homosexual pansy, I'm sure that's not going to win any points.

8. I can comfortably laugh, be goofy, get angry, even be ticklish.

but crying in front of my woman is a borderline dealbreaker.

Especially during ”year one”.

9. It depends on the situation, there's women out there who are exclusively attracted to the alpha male and when they see their bf cry it is a deal breaker for them but over all, a women wants to be emotional with you, that's why you would be dating in the first place.

I mean, if your with your girl and you can't show a shred of emotion thats kind of an unhealthy relationship, from my perspective anyways, whatever that is worth.

As for like random women, it would really depend what kind of friendship you have and the woman in question, example women love gushy love songs but thats KIND OF in a different context which is good and it gives you the chance to display sensitivity.

There's a lot of factors to take into consideration but overall if a woman grills you for being sensitive why would you wanna be around her, unless shes "One of the guys".

10. Yeah, like if someone dies or it's something serious. When my grandmother passed, she was like my mom except she gave a shit; I spent most of my younger years out on that farm running through the fields or hiking through the woods, I cried my eyes out at the nursing home. I can still remember telling her I loved her so much, tears runnin down my face, and she tried to tell me back but she couldn't do anything but gurgle at me in her last few hours.

I worked there as a graveyard CNA and my current lady friend was a dayshift CNA. She came outside to comfort me and she told me that she cried the whole trip home for me and she said that she really respected that I wasn't afraid to show that I was torn up by the loss.

But if you're a pussy that can't keep his shit from falling apart then you're not gonna get no respect because a man isn't sensitive on a day to day basis.

11. if any woman respects you less for your emotional side, she aint worth it

12. I have no problem with guys who show emotion. I really don't like macho guys or guys who think they are less of a man or are weak if they cry or show emotion. However, I am not a very emotional person and I have dated two guys who were a lot more emotional than me and they constantly wanted me to support them emotionally. That can get a little tedious...but these guys were overly emotional in my opinion...crying over every thing and creating problems out of nothing. I just wasn't the right person to handle them. I started resenting them because they had so many emotional needs and expectations that my emotional needs weren't met and we just focused on them. But that's kinda my fault. When I'm in a relationship I tend to ignore my needs or act like I don't have any and focus 100% on the other person.

13. I only cry when I'm out of weed :/

14. This is exactly the kind of society we live in today, where all the guys are soft and pussyfied with pink, but like everyone we are all our own people, and some girls like a man some like a pussy,, some woman are just bitches and have a bad attitude, im full of emotion but I aint a pussy and my girl knows that, woman should be more sensitive than a man or else your trying to be something which you are not unless your dealing with a pussy, a man will always beat a woman no matter what do you get me!

15. i would say yes they do. but im a man.

16. It depends on whether I know the guy well.

If this dude is my friend, someone I've known for a while, a family member etc, I'm not going to judge or think ill of him for telling me about his problems and showimg emotion. I'll want to try to help him, and I'll do what I can to make things better or less stressful. (I'd do the same for a girl)

But if this guy is somebody I dont know that well, maybe a few weeks or so, or someone who I've never had a single "deep" conversation with before, I'm going to be wary. I'm not going to think "ok, he's a weak baby man and he is lame forever" I'm going to think something more like "Oh, great, another sad-sack fun leech." (again, Id do the same if it was a girl. And I've had a female sad-sack fun leech follow me around before too)

In the past I've been a little too nice to many of this type of person, which gave them the idea that I wanted to be their counselor/girlfriend/Dear Abby column, when in reality all I was doing was being nice. When one of these guys latches on, he will start waiting for me in places where he knows I'll be, showing up uninvited to places where he might find me, and constantly trying to get me alone so that he can talk about how his mother didn't love him enough, or how they got picked on in high school, and how sad they are. They are manipulative in a way--playing off the idea that telling them to leave them alone would be mean, and if I'm not nice to them, nobody will be. These people suck the fun out of everything and ruin your day.

But don't be afraid of showing emotion or pain to women who are close to you or who care about you. Just don't try to share it with a random female (or male for that matter) acquaintance 7 days a week.

17. according to most of the replies I've seen on here, you shouldn't show emotions around women and you shouldn't share your feelings, even if it's moaning(who doesn't moan about shit from time to time?) I guess most people still have old fashioned views of the world and believe your attitude should be limited by your gender, race..etc

18. No who wants to be with an emotional person? I can't stand someone that falls apart about something daily. I want to have a good time with someone not play therapist. Everyone has problems