do they look stretched??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by swollenblunts, May 16, 2010.

1. these plants are about 2-3 days old... do they look stretched?? i have a 400w MH thats about a foot away

Attached Files:

2. They look good to me. Be careful you don't cook em with the heat from the light as young as they are.

3. ok good.. this my first grow and they just look stretched but i might be overreacting

4. a 400w MH might be a little much for plants that small...i'd start them with floros for a week then put the MH on.

But if you don't want to buy the floros, then you might want to consider moving your MH back a little bit more. is your lighting scedule 18/6 or 24/7?

5. Can't tell yet because seedlings will stretch to the top of the cup because the light is focused at the center. I would fill the cups a little more next time. And don't worry about the MH as long as it's 2 1/2 to 3 feet above the cups. Plants love the MH light but floros would be better for the seedlings until they get their first true leaves and a node starting above that. I've put seedlings at below 3 feet from and MH and never had problems though.