Do they celebrate thanksgiving outside US?

Discussion in 'General' started by boatdock, Nov 25, 2011.

1. What I always wondered, why the fuck do Americans celebrate cinco De Mayo?

Sorry foe taking this thread to a different direction.

2. Same reason the nutritonal facts are being printed in spanish now, fucking mexicans are running rampant

3. [quote name='"boatdock"']

Same reason the nutritonal facts are being printed in spanish now, fucking mexicans are running rampant[/quote]

I have not seen nutritional facts printed in Spanish. Only on products from Mexico.

4. What's funny is no one in Mexico really cerebrates cinco de mayo it's a us thing

5. How often do you read nutrional facts for light reading? Same goes for instructions and directions nowadays

6. [quote name='"boatdock"']

How often do you read nutrional facts for light reading? Same goes for instructions and directions nowadays[/quote]

I always read the facts to be honest haha. Instructions and directions I always see in English, Spanish, and french.

7. we... don't lol. only in like fifth grade spanish class, at least from my experience. we recognize it as a holiday but nothing special goes on

8. Halloween is pretty big here compared to other European countries who don't really celebrate it, coz its originally a pagan holiday that the celtic people celebrated
    We have the normal catholic holidays too, christmas and easter

St paddys day is a huge deal here of course :D
    everyone gets the day off work and school, its a national holiday

9. [quote name='"Twee"']

Halloween is pretty big here compared to other European countries who don't really celebrate it, coz its originally a pagan holiday that the celtic people celebrated
    We have the normal catholic holidays too, christmas and easter

St paddys day is a huge deal here of course :D
    everyone gets the day off work and school, its a national holiday[/quote]

I wish I got st paddys day off :( I did when I was a kid because I went to catholic school..but I didn't do anything then hahaha. I love it best holiday after halloween(my favorite holiday :D)

10. lol, oh your serious. :p

Can you explain what its about? Sorry didn't read every post in this thread.

11. I'll be honest, I still don't really know what Thanksgiving is about beyond it being a holiday when all my American friends eat a lot of food and something about white people giving native Americans some turkey before committing genocide on them...

12. The fuck is thanksgiving?

If you excuse me, I'm going to not brush my teeth and make a crumpet.

13. #33 Eight Sizzler, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2011
    [quote name='"420stonedpanda"']I'll be honest, I still don't really know what Thanksgiving is about beyond it being a holiday when all my American friends eat a lot of food and something about white people giving native Americans some turkey before committing genocide on them...[/quote]

Pretty much just celebrating our new friendship with Indians at the time. While showing each other new methods in farming, foods, hunting, etc etc from what I remember.

Foods they had at the big dinner to celebrate the new peace between were turkey, ham, potatoes, corn, etc.

That's what I remember being taught as a little kid in school.

Then later a slaughter.

14. I'm from England. And I don't even know what thanksgiving is...