Do they celebrate thanksgiving outside US?

Discussion in 'General' started by boatdock, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Seriously? I always thought it was just a US thing

2. I know Canada does but seriously the us has the best fucking holidays

3. [quote name='"thelizardkin"']I know Canada does but seriously the us has the best fucking holidays[/quote]

I also find it funny that 97% of us celebrate Christmas when less than 60% are christians

4. Its become more of a cultural thing then a religious thing now.

5. Beacuse it's fun you get shit you see people everyone's happy except the uncle who loses who has the roofed beer

6. [quote name='"Solipsist NPC"']

Its become more of a cultural thing then a religious thing now.[/quote]

I'm just sayin, thanksgiving was suppose to be about the colonization of the US and Christmas the birth of Jesus. That's like celebrating your birthday at someone elses birthday party lol

7. I thought it wasn't uncommon to celebrate your birthday at someone elses house.

Don't make me call the bad analogy police.

8. [quote name='"Solipsist NPC"']

I thought it wasn't uncommon to celebrate your birthday at someone elses house.

Don't make me call the bad analogy police.[/quote]

No he's saying like showing up at someone else's birthday party expecting a cake for your own birthday.

Put that phone down, the A.P. do not need to be alerted.!

9. Thanksgiving is big here , after all I am near the biggest aboriginal community in north America ( okay us and Canada there's probly alot of Mexican aborigines )

10. [quote name='"Solipsist NPC"']

I thought it wasn't uncommon to celebrate your birthday at someone elses house.

Don't make me call the bad analogy police.[/quote]

Before you call the bad analogy police reread it. I said at someone elses birthday party. As in someone elses birthday or (holiday) but you celebrate it as if it was your birthday. I'd say it's a fairly good analogy

11. Thanksgiving is the first meal between whites and natives ... The aliens did it

12. [quote name='"jaykewashere"']Thanksgiving is the first meal between whites and natives ... The aliens did it[/quote]

We are the aliens man

13. Forgive me, my reading comprehension is that of a ratard's.

14. lololololol the fact that you equate that holiday with a religion and not mass consumerism is fucking hilarious.

15. Except Canada is part of America. And the us and Canada were both colonized by Europeans. So it's both our parties.

16. Well they're obviously not celebrating the subduing of the Pequots as we are but they do have a "Thanksgiving"....It's just different.

17. Canada does, but we have ours in October

18. [quote name='"Blazedintha780"']Canada does, but we have ours in October[/quote]

Interesting...

19. Not celebrated in Ireland.
    It's just another boring day :laughing:

20. what kind of celebrations do they have there? besides wakes:eek: