Do the Big Chain Stores Sell MH or HPS lights?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CannedSpam, Jun 29, 2002.

1. A quick question about lights. Do any of the large chain stores, like Lowes, Home Depot, etc, sell 400 watt MH or HPS lights? Thanks.

2. Good budddies, thanks for the answers...and have a nice weekend.

3. I'll tell ya what I did. I went to all the head shops to price the setup that I decided to go with. Being the bargain hunter that I am, I spent a lot of time on the web searching for the killer deal. Guess what, I found it at a place called greenwonder.com I got the Sun Agro HPS 430 watt, complete setup for $216.00 including the deflector. That is Canadian dollars, so it really only cost me about $140.00 The only drawback was the fact that I had to wait on it to be shipped from Canada. But if its a bargain you're looking for, that's a good place to start. I hope I gave ya a little insight. Then again, Home Depot, 150 watt ballast and bulb, $45.00.

4. Rarely will you see an HID fixture over 250w,at any of them,,normally what is sold is security lights which are of wattages below 250w....

some of them do however carry standard HID bulbs up to 400w..

[​IMG]