Do people walk on the on the left side of a sidewalk in england?

Discussion in 'General' started by Atomic Stoner, May 29, 2012.

1. Here in 'Merica, we walk on the right side of a sidewalk or hallway, I'm assuming because we drive on the right side of the road. Since people in England drive on the left side of the road, do they walk on the left side of a sidewalk?

2. I 'unno. I'm 'Merican so I dunno about foreign countries.

3. People walk on both sides...

:confused:

4. [quote name='"Danonymous"']People walk on both sides...

:confused:[/quote]

Savages!!!

5. No matter how hard I try, I still will have someone walking opposite of me on the "right lane" in Wal-Mart.

Good thing we're not in cars there, I'd have a scraped fuckin' door.

6. Whichever side we want man. Yeah that's how hardcor we are.

7. Dunno about England but, yup, when there's left side driving, the left sidewalk is supposed to be used :smoke:

8. well im living in england and i dont really know, i tried to notice one but them fuckers be walking all over them sidewalks.
    in the metro the left side of the automatic stairs are for people in a hurry, and the right side for people that want to chill, because you know...you going up anyways.

9. You know what pisses me off?

As soon as you enter a Wal-Mart everyone forgets the fuckin' rules.

If you're walking down an isle stick to the right fucking side unless you have to make a left hand turn! :mad:

10. ^ Hahaha there are rules in Wal-Mart?

11. #11 Skunky Monkey, May 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
    Man we walk on both sides, the left the right you name it dude :p Oh and it's not a "sidewalk" you Buffoon it is referred to as a "pavement" :rolleyes:

12. fucking epic reply man! read it like a rap in my head (which is weird cuz im not into rap) and it sounded fucking epic! nice little story bro. :smoke:

and about which side we walk on... well let me say this. ive lived in england, france, and china.... and all those countries drive differently on the road, some are on the left, some are on the right, some are in both fucking directions on the same road.. but one thing i noticed? al those pedestrians are ever-fucking-where man, left right, straight, back.. wheerver, theyre everywhere! :eek:

13. This.
    There are no rules in walmart, nor sidewalks/pavement/street, there are no rules in life man, you people need to stop making up weird rules...what if im on the right side on a walmart and i need something that is on the left isle?

14. Another good read! ah i love GC when stoned. but seriously im sure the OP didnt mean to set up any rules haha we just kinda ended up bashing him! sorry dude/dudette! but seriously theyre everwhere..:smoke:

15. They are, it's almost incredible.

16. This might sound very stupid but i never even knew what a sidewalk was until recently. Been saying pavement forever.

17. I call it a footpath.

And no, we don't all stick to one side of any walkways. We all just walk past each other and our predetermined positions when we decide "I'm going that way" around the person.

It's not like we're going fast enough to do serious damage.

18. This explains why people were giving me agitated frowns when I was walking around The States.
    Could have been the pot leaf shirt though...:smoke:
    After writing this I came to the realisation that OP probably means having two imaginary lanes on both sides of a street, as opposed to people only walking one direction on each side. In that case I just do it without thinking, and give agitated frowns when people don't follow logic.:smoke:
    I call it a pavement, but most of the older folks around here call it a course-way. The UK has so many words for the same shit. lol