do male plants grow buds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rookiegrower99, Mar 18, 2007.

1. if they do can the be harvested for smoking or hash

2. Unfortunately they do not, however, you can use the resin to make hash : )

3. Male plants will pollinate female plants resulting in SEEDS. If you grow out males make sure it is not in the same growspace as females.

4. if you get seeds in your female bud, it results in a less potent bud.

5. I haven't found this to be the case at all. I am a closet "breeder" (i use that term lightly, i just like to make crosses for fun). I almost always pollinate a couple of buds on my girls and those buds usually end up more frosty than the unpollinated portions of the plant. You just have less yield as the bud is concentrating on making babies and it's a pain having to weed out all the seeds to smoke. :)

6. Males produce male flowers, which technically are buds but not the kind you want. You shouldn't smoke the pollen sacs. Males can be made into hash, but it is the leaves more than the buds that will get you the trichs.

7. Your not going to get anything but a headache if you smoke the males....however you can use the leaves to make hash!

8. can you turn a male into a hermi?

hermi=male+female at the same time, so could males can be swag?

I don't think so but i'm curious

9. i very much doubt it , otherwise people wouldnt be chopping males down =P

10. It is rare but males can hermie. In the pic or two I've seen, they didn't put out enough bud to make it worthwhile at all. I dunno if you don't see hardly any male hermies because not many people grow out males, or if they just aren't as disposed to hermie as girls.