do light movers work good ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Booboo1eye, Aug 3, 2011.

1. I've got a continuess grow,two months veg two months flower. so they get pretty big. I'm using a 600w to flower and 5 plants seem to be about all it can handle. my question is; if I purshase a tract light mover,about how many more plants can I flower ?

2. There are track movers of different lengths, but imho you shouldn't try to stretch a light over more than twice its original area. Doing that, you'll of course fit twice as many plants. Moving lights are positioned closer to the plants than stationary ones because they can handle more intense light when it's for a shorter period of time. This is important because if you don't, the light mover will just cut the energy given to the plants in half. How close depends on how fast the lamps are moving and sufficient heat management is required to have the lights at their closest.

3. ok that sounds good, do you use one ?

4. I have a sun circle but haven't tried tracks. Aside from circular vs rectangular grow areas, I don't know of any reason why one would be better than the other.