Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do I sound legitmate for MMJ

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by SmokeyMcDank, Feb 13, 2009.

1. #1 SmokeyMcDank, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009
    Ok well I live in Ga. But wanna move out to California and eventually get a MMJ card. I have had a pretty rough past and had pretty bad depression/anxiety problems as a younger kid. The anxiety resulted in me having a VERY hard problem of falling asleep. Would also constantly wake up in the middle of the night. Now since I have been smoking I sleep the WHOLE night without waking up. My family also has a past of high blood pressure and I feel when I get angry and my blood pressure gets high that when I smoke it really cools me down.

So all in all

Marijuana helps my anxiety
    Marijuana helps me sleep (bad sleeping problems here)
    Marijuana helps cool down my blood pressure when it gets high

This is all seriousness to. You think MMJ sounds like a good solution for me?

2. #2 tizlinda, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009
    judging by what I saw today (when I got my card), you qualify. I saw 5 people going in to an office that was soley there to churn out cards. Everyone left with a card. If the doctor leads you then just follow. You have time to get a medical history of your ailments if you don't already. Go see your doctor and bring in the paperwork to make it easier.

BTW, every one of the patients I saw were clearly pot heads and a few with no medical records (unless they were in their back pockets.......I doubt it).

3. Ya I do have records of when I went to counceling as a younger kid.

4. you're golden, if at first you don't succeed, try try again.

5. That is very good to know, thank you for making this thread.

I also have depression and anxiety, which keeps me from sleeping well, and I plan on moving to California. Knowing that these conditions will qualify me for an MMJ card really gives me something to look forward to.

Is there a yearly renewal fee on the card or something like that?

6. Yes their is a yearly renewel fee. Usually around $90 or so, depends on where you go.

7. DUDE, treat MMJ with respect OK? We don't need posts like this.

8. Now...before anyone who doesn't actually have a qualifying condition jumps on Will...ponder this, please:

IF it is shown that people WITHOUT qualifying Medical Conditions are getting the permits to use and grow Cannabis, they will likely use that against the MMJ community.

I was in a Car Accident. I was at a dead stop on a 60 mile an hour freeway. I was hit by a lady going 55 miles an hour that didn't realize traffic had stopped.

I was taken to the hospital on a board, and went through three years of therapy. I lost three percent of the use of my neck for the rest of my life. I am and currently on heavy regimen of pain meds. I have been for about 4 years now. It is lame. But, I am one of the lucky MMJ folks. Others have conditions you and I can only try to imagine.

Now...consider that happening to you. Then, imagine that you are on meds that make you sick, dull you, and take some of the joy out of your life.

Then, imagine that you finally are able to grow and use a medicine that isn't physically addictive. You can be free of addictive drugs for the first time in a really long time.

Then, imagine that someone like me, who really just wants to get baked, and doesn't want to get in trouble, and may or may not have any actual condition, goes and gets a card. And then lots and lots of folks do that...go get cards by "Faking" it...lying...etc.

Meanwhile, you can finally grow and use the Cannabis...and then enough people like me side-step the real system, and next thing you know...you have to either take down your room...can't have Cannabis without the threat of jail time, etc.

Now if you are objective about this, I have a feeling you will say "Good Point".

Otherwise I would fully expect you to say "Well...they hand em out...why shouldn't I just snag one?".

Hopefully this makes sense to those of you that do not see why Will is so outspoken about this topic.

9. I had gone to counsiling when i was 8 because my father passed away on me.

Would this be legit for a card?

10. I can't tell if you're actually asking a serious question.

Bud: thank you for pointing out so eloquently the thing that I get so sick and tired of having to restate because to me, it's common sense.

Plus you're a lot nicer about it than I am too.

11. No...

12. na i was completely serious. but thats cool. i know i can get one for my adhd, and if not that then anxiety.

13. Not sure about the eloquent part, but you are most welcome, indeed.

:)

14. #14 stickey_fingerz, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
    "Hey kid you act like making a post will ruin MMJ for everyone. Haha, it's already a law you asshole and if you look at it from a realistic stand-point medical marijuana is just ridicolous just legalize it already... MMJ doesn't cure... it helps. But for the meantime I'm going to keep chiefing my MMJ until it is legalized for good... and don't come at me with some ridicolous ass shit like that. " Indica Harouana

considering the majority of mmj users have illnesses that cannot be cured such as being paralyzed, they smoke marijuana to improve their quality of life or to take away pain without having to take morphine and other pain killers that are not only addictive, but can lead to overdose and also do NOT cure the condition of that person. out of the 2 posts you've posted on this thread you come off as very ignorant.

15. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

16. Oh come on dude... I have friend who have their cards... I'm getting mine. Be real. Marijuana isn't a fucking medicine it is a releiver and should be on the shelves along with ciggarettes and beer because it is basically harmless compared to them. I definatly feel ya though, those people are sick and do need "medicine". And if marijuana is the way they want to releive themselves, so be it, but I personally think marijuana should be consider as an advil... not as a medicine... but a releiver. And thats just my opinion.. and sorry if i come off ignorant... im kind of at my job right now and I get really bored so I like to talk shit on a marijuana forum... but what i just said is some real shit.

17. Someone needs to watch Run From the Cure
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhT9282-Tw"]YouTube - RUN FROM THE CURE - The Rick Simpson Story (Part 1 of 7)[/ame]

18. I don't give a shit that you're so far deluded that you have no concept of reality.

But I'm no kid. I've been medicating with MJ for two decades, since I was 18. Do the math.

Oh and name calling is the lowest form of communication. If you can't come up with something better than "asshole" you really aren't trying very hard.

19. Thank you. I was in a serious wreck 4 years ago and still havent regained full use of my right knee/ leg. My shit got completely fucked, they had to completely reconstruct my knee. I've had pain at all times since, sometimes excruciating. Pain that vicodin and other opiates sometimes cant fully take care of.

I plan on transferring schools and moving out to California for the upcoming fall semester. Some of you sitting here advertising that people get the cards easily is only asking for abuse toward the MMJ community. Please don't ruin it for people who legitimately need it.