Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do i really have a problem? Tell me what u think

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cortezga2000, Jun 11, 2011.

1. My mother says that i have a marijuana problem, however i don't think so, but i want to know your opinion. The reason why my mother thinks this is because when i wake up, i think about pot, basically all day i have to be either high or buzzed 2 b happy. Do i have a problem and do i need help.

2. This should be an interesting thread.

3. sounds like it. i feel the same way, but i don't need it to be happy. i could be just as happy sober as i could stoned.

4. Yes, if all you do is think about getting high and dont do anything productive in society.

Get your priorities straight perhaps?

5. Set some goals and smoke weed on the side.

Weed is supposed to be a PART of your life, not just your life

6. Either that or smoke grass all day don't work and become an emo.

7. Now i have a job and everything, so i do contribute to society, and it's just that i get more promotions at work during the months that i can stay high, whereas when i am not high, i am getting suspended like yesterday, which was friday. All cuz i got some paint stripper on a dude's arm.

8. If you need weed to be happy, yes you have a problem.

9. seems like your just bored, you need to find something else to do thats fun

10. Yes you have a problem. Sorry to say but if you need weed to be happy you must have a sad life. I'm 5 days into a t-break and beleive it or not i'm enjoying being sober.

My buddy once said " Smoke to live, not live to smoke" and i've gone by that ever since.

11. What's wrong with using what the earth gives us?
    But on a serious note

-Maybe - I too think about marijuana - a LOT - but you have to realize the famous line - "There's a time and place for everything" is really true.

Like this week I have exams for three days and school is over for months - so I just got high this morning and I'm going to be lagging around a bit until tonight into wednesday to be in study mode - after that I'll get blazed all I want.

Just take things in moderation - if you really like Marijuana, go ahead. use it all you want.

12. I got a video game, vizio box w/ netflix, computer, stereo, books. All that shit does after a while when i ain't high is get me frustrated.

13. Go hang out with some buddies, maybe drink a few beers. Create good memories while you can. Hopefully you don't just sit inside all day and get high. If you don't have any friends get out into the world and make some.

14. If that's ALL you do, you might wanna find side interests or hobbies other than chiefing the green all the time. However, there is nothing wrong with smoking weed, only when it is more than what the smoker can handle does it become a problem. That's a question you should ask yourself. Keep in mind that if you learn some self discipline weed can be an amazing thing.

15. Sounds to me like you're depressed. Cannabis can be used as treatment for depression, but you need to find a way to be able to function without smoking. I use mj for depression and anxiety, but I only smoke in the evenings for the most part. I feel that with limited use, it still works.

16. I feel like a lot of people feel like this at some point in their saga of tokery. It's important not to base your days around smoking (atleast not all of them), but to implement weed in ways that it enhances what you are doing with your time. Maybe create a project for yourself or find some homies if you feel lonely or isolated. Nothing is permanent though, feelings like this come and go, don't be too hard on yourself. Also maybe try just smoking a bowl in the morning and then going about your day without smoking until the evening/night when your can kick back and reminisce about your day, instead of just being super stoned all day.

17. Why don't you get outside, enjoy nature for a change?

18. Mother knows best

19. dude you must take alot of short t-breaks. I remember seeing you say weeks ago you were on a t-break. so I'm assuming that one ended and you started another one. I think I need a t-break now:p

20. #20 Berr, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2011
    I can relate bro..I started smoking a good five years ago and at first it was only occasionally. Then it turned to every weekend while I was in school. Now that I've graduated and started working all I do is blow with my fellow stoner friends.. I'm not a mathmatician, but I have created a little expression for all of us..behold.. Boredom=depression. Smoking=good times, but if smoking = boredom then good times=depression...thats where we get fucked and have to admit to having a problem. If you get bored of smoking, but continue smoking to try and curve the boredom then it will only make you feel worse and you wont really get high anymore..that means its time for a change of scenery and maybe a lil break.. thats just what I've come up with thanks to lots of time spent contemplating my life while high..