Do I need more room?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JSgrewit42, May 9, 2017.

1. I have 2 autos growing in a small space. There's only about 22 inches for them to grow upwards. It's day 25. They seem short so I think it will be okay but just want opinions

Attached Files:

2. For both of those plants? Hell yeah you're going to need more room. You'll be lucky if you can fit one plant in there once they're full grown.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm leaving them in one gallon pots. So I figured they would stay smaller

4. They'll die.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. You're telling me that if I leave these two autos in one gallon pots they will die? I've grown weed outside in 10oz pot and it didn't die so I doubt that's likely.

6. Also, those are terribly small for almost a month of growth. Probably because of the lack of full light coverage and terribly constricting pots.

7. I'm not trying to have a plant that produces 5 ounces. It's meant to be small

• Like Like x 1
  8. You will know when those become rootbound.
    The plant will take it as a hostile environment and hermie on you.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. You don't seem to understand. If you expect the plant to grow buds, it's got to get bigger and have room for the roots to grow even if the plant isn't getting taller. Eventually, the root ball is going to get so dense it kills the plant. The space you have it in isn't even wide enough to fit a medium size or small plant in. The smallest plant I've ever seen grown would take up more space than that, and it was a ruderalis.

10. What strain? Did the seed bank have a height description of the plant you are growing? I doubt your plants will die. Many people do pc tower grows and grow in solo cups and train the plant to stay small. Your cabinet is a lot bigger than a pc tower.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. You want to plant autos in their final pot, you don't have near enough room in there, they will hit the lights. The pots are way too small for anything decent, you will get extremely small harvest in pots that size.

12. Auto Blueberry from ILGM. some said their plants got 40 inches and some said 22 inches. They don't appear big for day 25. But I think that's because they are Autos and I transplanted them at day 17. Which I noticed slower growth for about 3 days after that.

13. Are you kidding, the room doesn't even have carbon filter ventilation or reflective walls but you somehow think this is going to be a successful grow. Jesus, now I know the mentality of the dealers around here thinking the shit they grow in their showers is good, but at least they have enough room.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I guess you've never heard of micro grows..or been to that very section on this website.. what makes you think it need a "carbon filter ventilation" or reflective walls lol. You can't be serious?

15. Well, people who actually look into growing properly understand that ventilation is necessary to ensure the grow space does not become clouded with debris and dust, and the reflective walls ensure the plant can get light around the entire canopy rather than the top, but I guess that's all just a bunch of hokum .

16. I've seen my friend grow a 8 gram nug in a solo cup. So reflective walls and carbon filters are not always a necessity. I'm growing cheap. Just to try it. I'm not trying to go all fancy.

17. Plants look to be doing fine. So yes it's BS. Wait... Ventilation is to keep debris and dust out?(lmao) Not smell and you know...to keep an exchange of fresh air in the room. Having reflective material isn't going to make or break a grow.. The fact you think a plant will die becuase it doesn't have a big enough pot shows how much you know.

18. I think the plant looks great so to say it's going to die when I've seen growers use them same pots is just ridiculous.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ok. Next time, don't transplant autos. They don't like it. Plant right into the final pots. I start mine in root riot cubes and when they sprout, I put into the final pots. The strain you got since they have been stunted by the transplant. However, you should LST them so they stay short. Don't top them though. And depending on the growth it may be too tight for the 2, but you won't know actually till they really hit a growth spurt and start filling out.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thank you. I planned on ordering a grow tent to fit the plants eventually. I know not to transplant them anymore because i witnessed myself.