Do i have schizophrenia?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by bakedanarchist, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Alright, so I'm honestly a really happy person, no suicidal thoughts or anything, the only symptom I have is that I see shit. It started a month or two ago when I stayed up 36 hours.

I started hallucinating that night until I got bud to make me go to sleep. Ever since If I think about hallucinating I do. I don't have intense hallucinations I just see shit flying around or out of the corner of my eye.

When this first started happening I was scared but I thought I needed to sleep more. So now after a month or two I am just used to seeing shit . I don't even look twice, I just keep walking.

I honestly am pretty afraid I have something wrong with me. Any help blades?

2. the short answer is no... the long answer is yes

3. CBD has shown promising results for curing schizophrenia and all mental disorders.... there is a cool site i came across that i am going to buy some oil from soon- they sell CBD oil dixiebotanicals.com

I haven't tried them yet but i would go for it...cbd can help alot. Also try taking some fish oil capsules. Omega fatty acids are very important. the 3-6-9 is best. goodluck

4. the mind is a powerful tool. the more you think you're hallucinating, the more you actually do. just chill out and stop worrying so much. if you still feel you have a serious problem, go to a doctor and/or therapist

5. #5 suuure, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
    Lol no at night i always see stuff with the corner of my eye. You might have OCD where you have an irrational fear of skitzophrenia. So when you see small things you get extremely scared and worry more and it's a never ending loop. You might wanna try therapy. I dunno what you know about the details of skitzophrenia but it's much more awful like a different reality.

EDIT: you stayed up 36 hours too, that's sleep deprivation and you will get mild hallucinations from that. You also only hallucinate when you think about it. Take a break clear your head. Think of a beautiful women or whatever you want just get your brain to move one. Tell yourself it's not you it's just OCD. Message me if you need anything.

6. I had a period of intense anxiety a while back, and the same thing was happening to me.

What I found was it was the fact that I was seeing stuff out of the corner of my eye (which it completely normal) then blowing it out of proportion and being over the top with it, which was fueling the anxiety, which made the feelings worse. It's a vicious cycle dude.

Forget about them, and they'll most likely go away, if it's anxiety related.

7. less THC and more CBD. Its all in the head bro. Try to relax. You are completely in control of your own body at all times - I have friends who randomly get anxiety attacks over a weekly period and just feel like shit and feel worried all the time, but everyone gets over it.

If schizo / anxiety runs in the family, I wouldn't be surprised if you are just going thru a phase in your life. Go to a doctor / talk to family if thats the case.

If you feel the need to seek medical attention then do so. But don't get some prescription anti anxiety meds or anything shit like that from your doctor, you don't want to spiral down that road..

good luck

8. ask yourself, 'do i have schizophrenia?'

if somebody else answers then yes, you do.

9. I'm having the same problem, man. But it's gotten to the point where i'm convinced i can see something, normally happens when i'm about to sleep. Keep thinking there's someone in my room watching me. Shit's creepy.

10. sorry man, i thought you liked me watching you sleep, i wont do it anymore

11. Stop thinking about it and sleep more. Smoke less weed mabye.

12. If you are asking then no you do not. The problem is probably the staying up, just sleep deprivation can make you hallucinate, and any strong experience like that can initiate some type of "flashbacks". Lack of sleep can seriously affect your mental states.

13. Honestly, you ever use any unmentionables? Like the one that starts with M?

14. #14 morange, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
    This is something I deal with too, after dabbling with certain unmentionables a few years ago, ever since I get open and closed eye visuals, predominantly when I'm tired, or smoke bud. They are very mild and translucent/opaque. The open eye stuff that I see doesn't obscure my vision at all, it kind of just lays over everything like a texture if that makes sense. I'm pretty sure what I have is HPPD.

But either way it is amplified whenever I focus on it, it seems like whatever I am thinking about seems to manifest itself someway into what I see, so if you don't want to see it as much, don't think about it because it will likely just intensify it.

EDIT: either way, your symptoms aren't of schizophrenia, you are aware that what you are seeing isn't reality. It's when you are unable to distinguish what is in your mind from what is real that it becomes an issue.

15. Maybe u just need to come out of ur shell..
    Your a nut... lmao jk, nah probably just ghosts

16. im not normally one to bitch about threads but OP if you truly think you might then seek help from a professional. there is no way we can tell lol