do i have enough room?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by msad420, Apr 27, 2011.

1. i was thinking of getting this grow tent that is 4'9 by 4'9 by 6'7 do you think this is enough room to fit 2 1000 watt mh bulbs with air cooled hoods? and than 2 1000 w hps bulbs in flower? im also wondering someting about c02. i plant on growing atleast 10 - 14 plants so co2 is important. but would these green pads co2 producers work for me? how many packs would you guys suggest for the entire grow? annd also do you guys think i will have heat problems with 2 1000w bulbs? should i get a bigger tent?

Green Pad Junior - 4"x6" (10 pack) | CO2 Enrichment=

2. Im not the most experienced but im pretty sure you can fit the 2 in there nice and cozy, with ventilation. and seeing how the space is almost 24 sq. ft. i wouldn't think you'd need a bigger tent. I dont know about the green pads but Im using a co2 boost bucket and its working great for me.

3. 2x600w HPS will do the job. 2x1000w will be so hot and a waste of lumens, imho. even air cooled 1000w will be too hot. 2x1000w is good for a 32 sq ft area.

4. naw, you could keep that shit cool with the proper ventilation system. and it wouldnt be a waste of lumens either...its called penetration. i run 2 600w in a 2x7 closet and its cool enough to keep my tubes 12" from the tops of my screen. i had nearly no popcorn buds at harvest.

5. #5 scrogger, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
    A 1000w HPS light will penetrate approx 21" into a canopy with optimum effect. The tent is 7ft High, if his plants stretch out of control the plants will hit the light. :(

2000w over approx 22sq ft is like twice as many watts per sqft that your plants actually need. that's like 12,727 lumens per sqft!! Over kill for sure. Ideal is 50w/6000Lumens per sqft. Going over is cool, you'll just pay more for electricity.

But going over too much can cause ill effects, especially when combined with heat issues. Ill effects can be bleaching, super long internode length and massive stretching... to say the least.

you should have excessive heat exhaust to keep those bad boys cool.

I'm just throwing out some opinion, with conservation in mind, without sacrificing quality. 1x1000wHPS, if you scrog (4.5ft x 4.5ft), can yield 1.5 lbs or more.

I would use 1x1000w/2x600w over 4.5'x4.5' screen and scrog them. double your yield save you money (the savings from not buying 1 air cooled light system & the savings from less electricity).

Then next round add another tent and do 2 individual 1000w tents, if you have the room.

peace :)