Do i have enough light?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Scrapper420, May 28, 2008.

1. My growbox is 2 feet high and one wide
    The inside is coated with reflective surface.
    I have a flourescent light that emits 1750 lumens.
    Would that be enough for a plant?

2. im assuming it's one little cfl? if so, then no it's not enough. try to get as close as you can to 100w of cfl's.

3. 100watts for one plant each additional plant add 30watts

4. how many watts?

5. I'm in the middle of my first grow, and about 2 weeks into flower. I have two plants which are about a foot and a half tall (except that one is LST'd). I have 2 4ft" Shoplight fluoros (One is "daylight" the other is an "aquarium") and 4 23W (110w incandescent equiv) CFLS.
    That should be enough for two plants, no?

6. 23 watts

7. get 3or4 more (THE MORE U GET THE BETTER)
    keep then 2or three inchs away form plant

8. yeah, if you could get another 25watts or so pumping I think you'll be solid.
    your cheating yourself and your plant right now with your light setup, your plant will grow twice as fast if you upgraded.

(if you have the money, I know sometimes money is tight when your starting off)

9. dude that is funny were almost in the same boat. I got a 3 feet high but im puting timers, fan, ballats in the top foot of it but it is 8"x12"x2 feet. I have 4 18" tube flouro's from walmart. $7 each. They are a lil better for small boxs cuz the bulbs arent as hot. and one 26 watt daylight bulb with one lil amp fan cuz im big into car audio, im an installer so i got power supplies and speaker boxes my grow box is a old speaker box a home speaker box not a car cuz im using the car box i got but it is about 88F in there with the four lights on plus the cfl and im flowering with no problems. The tube flouros are 15 watts each so 15x4=60 watts tube flouros at 3000k and 1 26 watt cfl at 6500K so i got 86 watts for one plant i have prolly a 4-5 foot plant going from side to side at each side it goes up an inch in a zig zag. anybody got any ideas for both of us with small boxes is yours sealed cuz mine is, and i need to figure out a SMALL diy co2 thing with yeast but everybody talks about a gallon jug, hey man not everybody has that big of a box to fig a gallon jug.

edit, oh yeah my planter is 4"x8" and 4" tall. i water it quite a bit like every other day but what can you do when space is limited and hydro is not possible?

10. @ dadoc420 : 3 or 4 more wouldnt even fit, heat would be a MAJOR problem that way
    @ dafinestsniper: like i said before, even another one will overheat the whole setup, turnin it from a grow box to a oven. Already got a oven, im good lol
    @yerluckyguy: haha im glad we can relate. The problem with small growrooms is space, and if theres a lot of lights in a little space there will be overheating. And good luck with your grow man :) and make sure u post some pics of what you have.

I thought that the small space and reflective surface would make better use of the light.

Would it be better if i just switched to 24 hours?

11. well sounds like ur ventilation sucks
    my box is 2ftx2ftx4ft tall and im fireing out 270watts and temps are 75-80F'

12. yeah man i made my second box into my veg chamber i only had one more 18" flouro and i took the 15 watt 2700K cfl out of my living room i started that one on the 17th of the month but the flowering plant grew pretty fast under the 3000K 18" flouros but what would be the least amout i should have of 18" flouros for veg and the heat problem is why i am using the 18" flouro tubes yeah they only put out 750 lumens each at 3000K BUT MAN THOSE FOUR FLOUROS ON THE WALLS OF MY SMALL ASS BOX 6"X12"X2.25FT GROW THOSE VEGGING PLANTS PRETTY GOOD AND THE SAME FOUR WORK GOOD FOR THE FLOWERING TOO IM NOT EXPECTING HARD NUGS but i like fluffy nugs anyways and yeah heating is a major issue i had to take the 26 watt cfl out of my box and there is basically no freakin fan that is quiet enough i have a 12v fan running on a 4.5 volt cd player adapter cord to slow the speed down cuz it was to fast and to loud SOMEHOW I THINK THE FAN MADE IT GET WARMER IN THERE but the four 18" 15 watt 750 lumen 3000 K flouro tubes do pretty good job man and im only growin bag seed but they are so freakin nice man i lst'd my own way wall to wall an inch up each time so in about a foot i have a four foot plant in a 4"x8" planter that is four inches tall man in small grows you need small wide planters that arent tall . If you come up with any ideas besides buying led's to make practically no heat holla at me dude or we could pm n compare shat but the reason i said besides led's is because i cant afford 50 bucks for a 168 led 13 watt light its really nice if you got the cash to buy it hit me up ill send you a link to it there is pannel lights, spotlights, and the ufo growlight for 50 less than hid hut. Lemme know wats up man me n you are about as close as we could get and no im not gay were talking about something we got in common so dont take that the wrong way if your gay i dont like guys i like camel toe

13. @ dadoc420: i have 3 fans inside. But instead of running them on 12v i only run them at 6v. If i run them at 12v they make too much noise.

@yerluckyguy: cool. You have more light than i do tho. Post a link or some pics of your grow and setup.
    Im interested in LED, because they offer more lumens per watt and no extra heat.

Do you guys think that LED christmas lights would be a good idea?

14. i dont think that them would work man they are little tinty led's in them but htgsupply.com has some of the led's i was tellin you about man, but i dont post pics onliune sorry security issues

15. That website is preety sick. I expected a led grow light to be a lil bit more than that.
    How many lumens do you think a 13 w led emits?

16. having 3 fans inside the box does nothing. all it does is blow the hot air around in the box. and doesn't bring in fresh air either. it's kind of like putting a human in a sealed box with a fan, and expecting that fan to help with the lack of oxygen.

you need to have a couple of those fans exhausting the air outside of the box, and one of those fans bringing fresh air in through the bottom of the box.

17. i actually have no idea man led's would prolly be our best bet put a shit load of them in our little boxes to keep heat reasonable. I mean you put 2 26 watt cfl's in there and your at 95+ degrees ya know and fans dont keep em cool i dont have any ventilation in my boxes cuz i cant have them makin sounds, so how far along are you man

18. Two pull air from outside and one exhausts the heat, the exhaust fan is the closest to the light

19. switch that around. you want the exhaust to have 2 and the intake to have one.

20. well i cant have my shit makin any noise put co2 into the box and the plant will make oxygen for the roots simple flouro tubing isnt very hot