Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do I have a shot?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by b0ngmaster420, May 5, 2008.

1. Hey all I just moved from Chicago IL to Lakewood (denver area) CO this may. I have a rare case of dysplasia which if I over-excersise / over walk will cause sharp arthritic pain in my joints more so my hips. I am 18 years old and I love longboarding,baseball,basketball,golf etc. but my condition tends to limit my ability to part-take in these activities. A friend of mine and I were talking about it and he suggests I apply for a medicinal marijuana permit seeing as the only medication the doctors could really prescribe was to take a few advil which in all honesty does nothing, I was wondering if I have a legitimate shot at obtaining one of these permits as marijuana is the only thing that really cures the pain aside from harsh painkillers (vicodin etc.) I still have my IL drivers license but obtaining a CO on shouldn't be a problem. I did some searching on the topic, and I am afraid to go to a doctor and instantly get shot down as soon as I bring up the topic. Can anyone refer me to an open minded,laid back doctor/clinic that will take me seriously? Do I even have a chance at getting this permit? what are the costs? What would I have to provide to prove my condition ?(I have 18 years of medical records to verify the condition is that good enough or do I need further proof that it affects my life.) What is the first step I should take? I'm sure this has been answered a million times but I am just making sure I have everything covered everything as I really don't feel like wasting time/money if I don't have a good chance. Thank you in advance for the help.