Do I Have a Deficiency? ( Pics included)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kittie_Verde, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Sooo... total newb... but is this plant showing signs of some sort of deficiency? The cotyledons are turning yellow, which I know is normal once true leaves are present and functioning.... but this is a seedling that is only about a week old and the leaves are curving somewhat... I have her in a 70/30 coco/perlite medium and have given her a very mild mix of bottled water and some advanced nutrients (soup?) ... like water was originally 50 ppm and it came up to I think 400 ppm. But normally I am misting very lightly and allowing the soil to dry out. So.... how does she look? I included an early shot of her and two from tonight. Also the strain is white widow... I got her for free and a seed give away here in DC :).

Attached Files:

2. coco is like a sponge...so be careful not to over water. You want like 20/30/50 coco/perlite/soil

3. It's a little early to start feeding.  400 ppm is a bit high for a brand new seedling.  Looks healthy to me, though.  Others may not agree on the feeding, mate.  Good luck.

4. Thanks for responding, I've backed off of the nutes .... for now :). And am trying my best not to over water.. I kinda wish I made it a 50/50 mix... it just seems so light and airy I keep having to stand my ladies up. But so far they are looking healthy. I'll post up another pic sometime. Thanks again!

5. #5 GoldGrower, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2015
    Yellowing cotyledons is common, but not normal. You are overdosing a bit. I'd use just water for a few days, and then start using a solution of about 200ppm for a couple of weeks

When growing in coco you need nutes that are specifically designed for it. I have seen several blades on here using coco with soil nutes and their plants getting sickly because of it