Do i cut my losses and move on?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MP519, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Even'n

2x4 tent
    Veggd at 80', 60%RH
    Now into flower- 78', 40%RH
    2 150w quantums (one per plant)
    2 30w blurple/ flower lights
    Growing in 7gal fabric on stands w/ promix/ ewc/ loads of perilite
    Ammendments- alfalfa/ bat quano/ kelp/ glacial dust
    Watered when dry- blackstrap/ ro/ epsom
    Fed with compost teas
    1 week into flower- both showing signs of sex

Both plants have had the exact (pretty much to the ml) of water, feeding and top dress amount, training etc.

I know its not uncommon for a plant of the same strain, in the same environment to not do as well as the other but the difference is pretty odd. The only notable difference through it all was at tine of ground break- the stronger plant had a little mutation in the leaf development.

Do i cut my losses or let it ride out and keep on keeping on and hope for some type of yeild?

Attached Files:

2. Leaves on the "ugly sister" are not weak when trying to pull
    They are crisp and obvious sign of stress/ deficiency.

3. Not sure of what issue you’re having. They do look a little hungry(nitrogen). But aside from that I’m not seeing anything major. Care to go into a little more detail? That’ll definitely help us help you for sure brother.

4. Slowly but surely i have noticed that the ugly sister has been metabolizing its fan leaves or they have yellowed up and shown signs of deficiency. As we go on, it continues with the symptoms and she gets alittle thinner on leave.
    Not the worst thing to happen but to have a bush on one side and an ugly sister beside it is stange to me lol
    Im more of an outdoor man so this is "new" to me.
    Just seems like one is thriving and one is struggling.

5. Also should note- the lights were only on for 15minutes before taking the picture so the droop you see corrects itself after a bit of sunshine

6. No def don’t give up on her. It does appear to be hungry tho. You’d be surprised at how hardy these plants are!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Leaves droop during lights out. That’s normal. They are “sleeping”. As far as them yellowing out. I’d say up your nitrogen another 1/4 and go from there. They are probably sucking itself dry of nitrogen tbh. That’s my answer. Maybe someone else will chime in and add something I’m missing

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ill give her a good flush and hope for the best.
    Whats a good source of quick acting nitrogen (not synthetic)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I agree, you don’t have much nitrogen in your mix. The ewc and alfalfa, if cooked long enough, is really it. Some feather meal, bone meal, and fish meal would be good additions.

How long have they been in those pots?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. #11 MP519, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019

11. I wish i would have ammended alittle bit better when building soil, but i didnt- lesson learned for next time. Ill grab some of the above tomorrow at the local shop and work it in. Appreciate the suggestion!

How long have they been in those pots?

***as soon as they came out of their jiffy pots. Im 62 days from ground break

• Like Like x 1
  12. These are about the same age, topped once. Just went into 15 gallon fabric pots of homemade soil.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  13. for Fast absorption go with foliar feed. Make sure to do it right after lights off.
    You can try activated compost tea or just dissolve a very small amount of some fish based Nitrogen.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Boil fruit peels like banana and orange peels etc and cool the water and use that to water

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I have been making banana tea as my base for my compost tea.
    Instead of boiling them down, i boil the kettle and submerge 3 or 4 nanners worth of peels.
    Let it sit over night and then use it as my base for my AACT.
    Alittle added boost rather than a plain ro based aact

• Like Like x 1
  16. If I remember correctly banana peels are high in Potassium and Phosphorus along with Calcium and traces of the minors.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Plus the worms in my worm bin LOVE mashed up nanners.
    Last round of tea i made, smashed up 2 of the 4 nanners, spread in my indoor bin and by the next day- GONE.
    That and strawberries- theyre happy, im happy with their castings- its a win win ;)

• Like Like x 1