Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do grinders ruin the taste of good bud?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Pro_Donn, Dec 14, 2011.

1. I have heard this from 3 different people over a few years. I think they're wrong, what do you guys think?

2. No they don't, if anything the improve the smoking experience.

3. no way, grinders are the fucking best dog

4. This.

5. I'm not sure how they would ruin the taste? :confused_2:

So I'd say no.

A fresh ground bowl smells good and taste just as good too! :smoke:

6. I would say no, unless you have a wooden grinder and wood shavings are getting into it.

7. Watch out for cheap metal grinders too, don't want to be smoking metal shavings.

8. [quote name='"NWSmoke"']Watch out for cheap metal grinders too, don't want to be smoking metal shavings.[/quote]

You wouldnt be able to heat them enough anyways

9. [quote name='"Magiggle"']

You wouldnt be able to heat them enough anyways[/quote]

If you pull them through your pipe and inhale the shavings, it can be shitty.

10. What grinders are best then? The aluminum ones?

11. I think the grinder does take away from of the potency. However, picking it apart with your fingers is no better because the good stuff rubs off on your hand. The more surfaces the herb comes in contact the worse.

I don't have any evidence. This is just strictly my opinion.

12. Grinders do nothing but break up bud and instead of getting kief on your fingers, it falls into a little handy compartment so that later on you can smoke that shit.

Grinders are awesome.

13. Grinding it exposes more flavor.

14. Fo Shizzle?

15. no way. i love grindin up my dank and packin a bowl. tastes so fucking good and i get high as fuck.

16. I actually think grinders do take a little bit of flavor away. I love my Space Case 4 piece, but I actually did an a/b where I smoked one bowl ground up, and one bowl that I broke down into small chunks. Not nearly as fine as a the grinder had it. The chunks were actually tastier than the ground up bowl. Both were smoked in an SG Stemline which can easily ruin the taste of hits, especially huge ones. I still mainly use my grinder though. If you break down the bud into chunks that aren't as fine as the grinder would have them, then they should be tastier. Ive only tried this in a bong though so I don't know if its really valid for a bowl. Bowls always seem tastier than bong hits.

17. [quote name='"veenesh"']We ALL need a grinder, check this one out, i never leave home without it.

I LOVE this grinder, had for over 10years!

I do have some for sale (new of course), contact me if you need one. I have a contact in Spain and the Netherlands, these can only be bought in those counties never seen for sale anywhere else.

Ganja Grinders, made by HempCity... -=www.hempcity.net=-[/quote]

Fuck off!

18. grinders make the bud burn, smoke, and hit better, but yes it does make the hit a lot harsher and taste more like burnt leaves than good bud, iv noticed this too.