Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do employers have to use a 3rd party for drug test?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mustbe18toride, Jun 15, 2017.

1. So yeah, I have a drug test soon for a HVAC job. No its not another "will i pass in time" or "how can i neat the test". I just need to know one thing: do employers legally have to use a third party (labcorp, arc, etc)?

I do not know when exactly, so I am staying clean, but if worse comes to worse I use my handy dandy synthetic urine. My concern is that if I do have to resort to the latter, is that if it isn't 3rd party administered, I may be supervised.

2. The majority of the time yes but some jobs do their own thing in house

3. They probably should but I don't think it's a law. If they do it themselves I think there will be less of a chance you'll be supervised as they'll just be going thru the motions to check a box.