Do different alcohols give you different effects??

Discussion in 'General' started by stephes123, Aug 16, 2012.

1. I really don't think it's placebo, though I don't know shit about alcohol. I'm with Demi on this, I reckon it's in the sugars/distilling process, and the mixers etc. I notice it waaaay too often and consistently for it to be placebo, and almost anyone will swear it happens to them too.

Rum: Rowdy as fuck, cocky, aggressive
    Vodka: Numb, disinterested, tired
    Beer: Happy, chill, relaxed, cocky
    Red Wine: Euphoric, happy, chatty

2. Tequila to me, is a completely different buzz then other alcohol. It makes me more freakier in bed. My tongue ends up in places it normally doesn't go. :p

3. one Tequila
    two Tequila
    three Tequila

FLOOR ~!

:bongin:

4. Tequila makes my clothes fall off.

5. [quote name='"MIjbr90190"']Tequila makes my clothes fall off.[/quote]

How come everybody gets more fucked up from tequila?

6. cheap beer: drunk and loud, but love, UNLESS i drink WAY to much
    good beer: pure love, good vibes
    brown liquor: SICK DRUNK FIGHT SICK BLACKOUT
    clear liquor: the most interesting man in the world

7. [quote name='"stephes123"']

How come everybody gets more fucked up from tequila?[/quote]

Tequila feels like a different drunk. Any other liquor/beer gives me the same feeling, drunk. When i drink tequila i feel so energetic.

8. Its the, worm man:smoke:

9. It can definitely give you different effects.

Wine gives me a more "faded" and "blurry" drunk. The drunk stereotype, for me.

Vodka gives me a more energetic and more "clear-headed" feeling drunk.

Tequila gives me a more "crazy" drunk.

I haven't gotten drunk off of whisky or rum in a long time, so I can't speak to that right now. :p

10. cheap beer seems to cause some men to become angry, violent, abusive...(or could be that redneck southern trailer park life...)
    tequila seems to cause many female panties to drop...after some hardcore dancing on tables...
    schnaps seems to make them giggle and want to cuddle...

maybe there is something to alcohol 'strains' having different effects...

11. all alcohol is the same

so everything else you're feeling is just your body reacting to the other ingredients in the drink

12. I do too, except those times when I have 15 shots and am in a bad mood to begin with. Then you better watch out.:eek:

13. Honestly, all alcohol effects you nearly the same way. Damn, that was worded poorly.

14. It's all relative to the percentage/quantity that's it. The rest is in your head.

15. Different alcohols affect you differently. Ethyl methyl etc...

Different liquors don't do shit. Its all in your head.
    The most difference its going to have is in your hangover. Well distilled liquors give less and less intense hangs. Cheap liquor usually contains more esthers and tannins and the less heady alcohol vapors and lead to stronger hangs.
    Brown (read aged) liquor geherally has more tannins compared to clear liquors.