Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do Chemical Engineers get drug tested for THC?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 8thOfChronic, Jan 24, 2012.

1. lol. serious >:O

2. Sounds important...Yes, more than likely.:cool:

3. Depends on the company and the position you're applying for.

4. Well then I have a problem.
    I'm more than likely entering the field of chemistry....

...but I like to smoke pot. :(

5. Do bears shit in the woods?
    But seriously your question is a gross generalization of a multitude of jobs that fall under the category of chemical engineering. Take my view for example: if you have to go to college for it, if it pays well, if it's for a big company where your position is key to the success of the company, then yes they will most likely drug test at the time of application and possibly randomly throughout the career. If this is a question pertaining to a future college major and your decision depends on if the jobs for said major drug test then you should probably rethink your life.
    Good god I'm stoned

6. If you're smart enough to get into chemical engineering you should be smart enough to quit smoking for a prob high paying job lol. But that would be later on anyway if you don't have any degrees or anything yet which are really challenging to acquire.

7. If its a big company or corporate enterprise expect them to have statues and liabilities they have to look after I.E. "We cannot have workers being high or drunk on the job because of the delicacy of equipment and work they do, therefore are subjected to random drug and alcohol testing"

Unless its some local bullshit your doing for some guy who doesn't much care for what you do in your personal time, I wouldn't be concerned.

8. Well I know many engineers of various types and none of them ever have been tested from what they tell me.
    Although this is within Australia so so dont other contries.

9. Just say you were fucking around with some THC chemicals.

Be like, "Wtf, I'm a chemical engineer." :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. If you're in the USA, probably.

11. I'd think that white collar office jobs wouldn't tend to drug test. I know here most of them require a background check but I haven't heard of anyone getting drug tested for a white collar job. Of course, drug testing isn't anywhere near as common up here (it's actually unconstitutional but people still do it anyway for some jobs in the trades and the like). There might be a pre-employment test but I seriously doubt you will be randomly tested in an office job unless you work with sensitive materials or top-secret info or shit.

12. This is late, but in states with medical and or legalized marijuana might be more lenient. If I were, you I'd research the companies you want to work for in the future and see or call them to ask if they do random drug testing. Pre-employment drug testing should not be a problem for you and if it is, you've got pot issues. Now, random, I understand, so just do some research to see if they drug test and rule out the ones that do random drug testing. Also, if you're not careful on the job, they might do immediate testing, so always take things in precaution there.