do any of you ever get tired of relationships?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by dankydankk, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Idk, I'm definitely not bored of women, but I haven't had a relationship in longer than a few months, and I kinda like it..
    Maybe its because I'm young, I feel most the chicks my age are pretty naive still and just need some living, as do I of course..

I don't think I want to marry till I'm 30, so I don't really get the point of putting myself through relationship drama when we both know its just
    A little fantasy with no real long-term goal,

And its not like I'm against being with a girl for alittle while, but whenever me nd chick go bf gf style in communication , it becomes a death sentence for our relationships.

I still talk to some old friends who I've hooked up with but never got serious with, but all serious girls I no longer speak too..

I just think my age group (I'm 19) sucks for legit relationships,

Anyone else ever take a long-term break from serious dating?

2. yeah bitches can be to stupid to date sometimes

3. When I am single I want to be in a relationship. When I am in a relationship I think about how great being single was.

4. I'm 20, I know I still have alot of growing to do personally before I can hold a long term relationship and make it work. Don't get me wrong, I've had long term relationships. I just couldn't seem to make it work.

Most girls my age don't want to settle down either, and personally I don't like the idea of someone holding me back right now. I want to live life to the fullest, see different countries and experience different cultures. Most people are in university at this age. so it would be tough to make a relationship work.

I don't do long distance either. It's just not for me, I've tried a couple times, and they all failed haaha

5. No my relationship with god NEVER gets ''old'' I talk to him alot when i'm smoking and he gives me good advice.

I pray and i carry out his wishes. I don't see it as a chore... i see it as a reward

6. [quote name='"underahoneymoon"']When I am single I want to be in a relationship. When I am in a relationship I think about how great being single was.[/quote]

Couldn't have picked a better way to sum it up.

7. Im about the same age as you OP (20) and ive never been in a relationship for any period of time. I think having a relationship would be amazing, just knowing that theres some companionship and someone who shows affection and care about you. Its hard at this age though, specially when your extremely unexpericenced.

8. [quote name='"underahoneymoon"']When I am single I want to be in a relationship. When I am in a relationship I think about how great being single was.[/quote]

It's weird .

9. There are positive aspects of being single and being in a relationship. I think it's the inability to have both (absolute freedom and companionship) that makes want what don't have.

10. Lol, broke up with my girlfriend of a couple years a couple months back. I was really hurt and sad at the time, but now I couldn't be happier. Being single is fucking awesome, I can do what the fuck I want to and nobody's gonna tell me not to. I love going out for a few beers and ending up waking up next to some random chick. Not so fun sneaking out before she wakes up/her boyfriend gets home lol.

And I found new love :smoke:

11. yeah, right after i cum

12. Idk, even when I'm with this girl I still feel dis-attached in a way. It's a strange feeling. Like I should be happy, but I'm not. I take so much shit for granted.

13. [quote name='"gobble wobble"']I'm 20, I know I still have alot of growing to do personally before I can hold a long term relationship and make it work. Don't get me wrong, I've had long term relationships. I just couldn't seem to make it work.

Most girls my age don't want to settle down either, and personally I don't like the idea of someone holding me back right now. I want to live life to the fullest, see different countries and experience different cultures. Most people are in university at this age. so it would be tough to make a relationship work.

I don't do long distance either. It's just not for me, I've tried a couple times, and they all failed haaha[/quote]

Dude what you said is what I think haha, especially the middle part

I just want to explore and wonder in life right now, like I said in the OP ,I really (as of now) don't want to marry till I'm close to 30 or over,

and its not that my relationships are bad, but I'm kinda tired of the same shit different toilet with these girls. Of course I dont regret my past girlfriends and our experiences, but it just seems sorta boring now.

I'd rather get with a random chick. Or have friends with benefits, which to me are awesome until someone gets overly attached or misunderstood what was actually going on lol

14. [quote name='"Mithrandir"']Idk, even when I'm with this girl I still feel dis-attached in a way. It's a strange feeling. Like I should be happy, but I'm not. I take so much shit for granted.[/quote]

So why not leave?

15. [quote name='"underahoneymoon"']

There are positive aspects of being single and being in a relationship. I think it's the inability to have both (absolute freedom and companionship) that makes want what don't have.[/quote]

But do you think a close male friend without actually being in a relationship with you would be able to fulfill either of your needs?

Or do you need clear cut friends and bf?

16. It sounds like you were dating... Just for the sake of dating? Idk, I don't care to get into a relationship unless I want to know them fully and be close to them on a different level. Why would you date if a relationship is a death sentence? Lol, fuck that.

17. yeah man, im 18. i went out with this one girl (we were in love) for about 10 months on/off. realized it was a lot of bullshit and i needed to be with someone more mature... then i developed feelings for my close friend but didnt realized i friendzoned myself, and she turned out to be a pretty shitty friend about it too... so i realized, yeah, fuck relationships. let the girls come to you :)

18. [quote name='"downtosesh"']It sounds like you were dating... Just for the sake of dating? Idk, I don't care to get into a relationship unless I want to know them fully and be close to them on a different level. Why would you date if a relationship is a death sentence? Lol, fuck that.[/quote]

When I said switching to girlfriend boyfriend style of communication is a death sentence to a relationship for me, I meant the relationship dies...not me lol.

I don't date for the sake of dating, which iis why Im on a break from it as I said in The OP...I think for myself I have stronger relationships with women who are intimate friends but we just never put those barriers up.

And I think because of that I'm able to become better friends with said female vs a normal relationship that ends ina couple months and caused shitloads of stress

19. For me no it doesn't work. But I know other people who are happy with that. Everyone is different and there are so many people out there I think everyone can find what they want.
    I agree relationships seem a bit pointless when you are young. A lot of my friends are married with kids at this point. But I don't want to get married and I don't want to be tied down so I tend to stay away from relationships. Yeah sometimes I get lonely but I would rather wait and find someone who can give me what I want and vice versa. Life is too awesome to waste on meaningless/unhappy relationships.

20. #20 DaLime, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
    Yeah, definitely. When I was in high school I had a 13 month relationship with someone that used to be one of my best friends; the reason I usually tire out of them though is when there's a lot of stress on the relationship (for example, money problems, infidelity issues, lack of direction). The relationship with him, in particular, became very dull because he would start to take out his bitterness about his absent dad, teenage angst, etc. out on me which I thought was immature. I had also been going through a period of depression and just found that the relationship didn't really "do" it for me anymore--it was holding me back more than it was supporting me, and I just didn't trust him. It's fortunate that I did break it off with him, because despite the fact that I was cordial with him and was willing to still be friends, he turned into a complete clingy, enraged, psychotic stalker (although I knew him well enough to know that he wouldn't ever get violent with me, which is why I wasn't worried--emotionally, he was a bit submissive to me in the relationship, lol). But yeah, tried to contact me multiple ways for 2 years after we broke up, even after I moved to another state.

I've been dating someone now though for 3 years, and we've lived together for 2; we've been through quite a lot of financial bullshit, a few questionable issues with his ex (that I've gotten over), shit from my family, etc. But I've come to realize that most long term relationships will lose much of their "spark" at some point; but I love having a partner that genuinely cares about me and helps me through my issues; unlike my last ex, I don't have to constantly be the 'strong one' and guide my partner emotionally, and I suppose I am very comfortable with just having a partner that I know will protect me. Sure, we don't have raging hormonal hots for each other anymore (lmao), but our sense of humor hasn't faded, and we feel comfortable enough with each other to discuss anything.

And I'm fine with a companionship for now--I guess I'd consider our love to be a more "companionate love" than "romantic love". But I can understand that many people, throughout their teenage and mid-late 20s, want "excitement" in their lives, and companionate relationships just don't really do that. I don't see a reason why I'd forfeit this great relationship with my 'best friend' that I can have sex with, for something that would most likely be short-lived, lol :p

This reminds me of a quote that I like and pertains to what I said: "Love is not looking at each other, but looking together in the same direction."