dN's First Micro Grow - PC, LST, Organic

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by deltaNEIN, Mar 7, 2011.

1. #1 deltaNEIN, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2011
    hey blades,

it's time for a new journal. i've nearly completed my first successful veg cycle and am nearing the light switch very soon. this journal is here to not only help myself with any problems i may come across, but also as a reference for other inexperienced growers.

i built a box similar to those found for hundreds of dollars online for much less. i've got about 100 seeds all around from breeders and bagseed. i'm sure most people would say to use a bagseed for your first grow, but i chose a feminized 'aroma' seed from CH9 in order to better my chances at having a little lady in my box.

here's a quick overview of the plant until now, about a week from flower.

FFOF with iguana juice. 6500k 105w during veg, 6500k 105w+2700k 105w for flower.

week 1
    [​IMG]
    week 2 - shows my attempt at FIM, which as far as i can see has only promoted smaller node spacing at my true top.
    [​IMG]
    today - some LST action.
    [​IMG]
    another angle after evening out the canopy.
    [​IMG]

my next picture update will be when i switch the lights. hopefully within 7-14 days.

what do you think GC?

2. I love the look of the plants as their growing! they always look so beautiful but it will look better as the next nodes develop. cheers!

3. Yo bn that girl is a beaut.....shes lookin very indica right now....keep up good job....holla

4. hey D9!

Thanks for droppin by my thread man! Your girls lookin good - thats just one plant?? Do you have her trained over?! Perhaps my bloodshot :smoking: eyes deceive me...

Would it be possible to get a picture of your whole setup? I'm curious to see the box that you built and the dimensions as I did something very similar.

Also, the edges of your leaves are lookin' a little yellow...possible deficiency? What are you using to water and are you checkin pH? Are you planning on transplanting anytime soon? She will definitely appreciate any extra root space you give her :hello:

Keep up the good work man! Looking forward to seeing this progress! :D

5. hey bg! thanks for stopping by bud!

SB, what's happening my dude? thanks for checkin' my lady out

yeah she's just one plant. i've been training for a few weeks since that second picture up top after my FIM attempt. she's definitely been rootbound for a while but i told myself this makeshift pot is all i need from seed to smoke. the box is rectangular and fits in my tower just right. for future builds, this may be just my veg box. as of right now, a ph meter is about the only thing i am lacking in my setup. i've been burning leaves since about two weeks in, i will definitely need to get that in check before i switch the lights.

i will snap some shots of my setup here in a minute. remember, it's a pc case - nothing too special[for now].

for now, it's time for a little sesh. :smoke:

6. alright here's my box. i'd like to keep a continual harvest maybe every 8-10 weeks or so, so this may end up being used as my veg box. either way it cost very little to get up and running.

i got the case with 5-6 [only use 2] pc fans for $25
    2 lights total cost $45
    misc. socket adapters totaled ~$15
    other than soil and nutes, everything else needed i had.

exact same tower mrgrowpro.net uses
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    one intake, one exhaust fan. steady 74*
    [​IMG]

i figured i was already snapping some photos, so here's my girl as of 10PM EST:
    [​IMG]

7. Hey love your setup and plant ! She looks healthy ! how deep is your pot ?

8. hey papyrus! :wave:

thanks for the kind words brother! i'm using a sterilite tub which is... hell i don't know, 6" deep?

9. yoyoyo just blazin on some Ice...got my mind right! :smoking:

IMO, you're definitely going to need to transplant...you could probably do it in your current tub but quantity and quality will suffer great losses...something with the same length and width dimensions but a couple inches deeper would be peeeeeerfect! :)

I just use Brita filtered tap water at room temperature without checking pH and I haven't noticed any problems whatsoever...they're relatively cheap too...cheaper I'm sure than buying a pH meter and pH up/down.

I like that case..super stealth!

+rep for aliens!!!!!!! :eek:

Just one more thing...I spy with my little eye some styrofoam! I have read some nasty things about using this stuff as a building material...apparently it gives off some noxious fumes and shiit if heated by lamps...could be a bunch of hocus pocus but definitely something to look into I think! :D

Keep it up!

10. good point on the styrofoam SB, didn't even think about that. i needed something that provides both cushion and stability in that small spot between the socket adapter and cell phone adapter. can you think of a material that has about the same properties as styrofoam?

11. Where can i get a computer tower that size?

12. camicash, i'm going to pm you. not quite sure of the forum rules on posting links to products.

13. Theres nothing against it lol I am also interested

14. #14 deltaNEIN, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2011
    the model is chenming 901. it's a few years out of production, but similars can be had. the 601 is the exact same but six inches shorter, so be meticulous when reading dimensions.

PM me if you have trouble and i'll try to find a direct link of a current product.

15. I would aim for something non-flammable if it's near wiring or electronics or any heat source...is the light socket supported by the other adapter and styrofoam? in other words, if you removed the black adapter and styrofoam, would the light then sag? mayb you could use some type of wire to hang the light more effectively? I would just try and make it as secure as possible...less chance of fire risk and less chance of the light falling onto your plant! :eek: Sorry I couldnt be more helpful...pretty stoney this morning!:smoke:

16. Yo delta good lookin plant....did u flip switch? When u do plant will continue to grow up for about 1st 3-4wks of 12/12. Just keep tying her down and spreading her out so light can reach inner budsites. Keep up good work, you'll be puffin b4 long. This is the best part imo..watching those budsites go from a few white hairs to fat crystally dense buds, gets me pecker hard....lol

but enjoy tha journey....thhe hard part(seedling stage) is over..its all downhill right now. Holla

17. #17 deltaNEIN, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2011
    happy 311 day blades!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvAQ6zypUY8[/ame]

no worries SB, i've got my light fully secure! the styrofoam is just there for angling purposes. the socket adapter likes to sag a bit and i'm trying to keep the light parallel with the ground. the black adapter doesn't support the light whatsoever when the foam isn't in there, its spot made it a convenient support. i will definitely reinforce with some more wire. that's what is holding my power strip to my case and does a mighty fine job!

thanks for sticking around and helping me out, bud! we all need the extra set of eyes every once in a while. i don't like to let too many people know my business, so it's cool to have an outlet to communicate all the problems [and successes!] of our grows.

back to the OG :smoking:

18. whoa bg! i think you ninja'd me on my last post^:devious::smoke:

the lights are still on 17/7. i'm waiting for about 5-6 more bud sites to bulk up a bit more before i flip the switch. when i first got things set up i was shooting to at least harvest by april 20. i was hoping to smoke a little bit of my first harvest's[pc case willing] fresh dried bud with not much of a cure.

but i can't wait to see some hairs and watching the buds develop. hopefully it's enough to get my pecker hard. haha:bolt:

19. Can't wait to see this lady flower :smoke:

20. If your looking for a very large computer case, go to any computer store website (Ive always used NCIX and Newegg, never Tigerdirect...overpriced).

Look for any "ATX Full-Tower" case, usually they are the largest sized ones (I believe)