DNA in the 4th dimension

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by JimiIsGod, Apr 28, 2011.

1. DNA in the 4th dimension
    \t\t\t \t\t\tUsing the concept of time, as the fourth dimension, something existing oustside of it, would exist in all time, it would be the beginning, middle, and end. Since in reality it would all be happening at the same "time", the beginning, middle, end part would actually not have a beginning, middle, or end, it would just be all parts simultaneously.

Now if we take our understanding of DNA; it is a very complicated code whose main purpose seems to be to copy itself, and while trying to accomplish this task, it searches for better ways to copy itself (evolution). Our DNA is human now (by the way, our DNA is what makes everything about us, and creates it), but a long time ago it must have arisen from the first copy of DNA to have ever existed, just modified itself and evolved in order to find a better way to copy itself.

If we look at both paragraphs before, and apply these understandings to eachother, DNA outside of the 3rd dimension and into the fourth, would be such as no beginning, middle, or end. Its perfection will be achieved because of the amount of time given to it, and the amount of places it could be, and for it to have gotten there it had to go through every path. Us, the birds, the oceans, bacteria, every single living thing. Right now we form a part of this DNA's consciousness, knowing that without this small path in evolution we have taken, perfection wouldn't be able to be achieved, but we are it, so it is.

If there is any information I got wrong, point me out on it. I'm pretty certain of my understanding of the concepts, but perhaps I am wrong.

Explanation for intelligent design perhaps?

Last edited by JimiIsGod; Yesterday at 10:22 AM. \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t

2. Perfection in life is never achieved due to cause and effect. Life evolved here to take from one and make another. Plants will not evolve in a controlled environment because there are no variables. If you give a plant less water, it will evolve and cope. Give it more, it will do the same. It is a change in environment that prompts evolution. We may be on the path to perfection, but we are not perfect or we would no longer evolve. We can only be perfect if we are perfect for our environment. If we could carry on with life forever, never depleting our resources, never running into population issues, and always eating the same food and recreating the control forever, we will be perfect. Forever may never come, and is forever it does, we won't know if we made it, lol.

Maybe we don't even truely have free will. Sure, I can choose to wear a red or a blue shirt, but what really makes that decision? What I know makes that decision. In order to conclude at red, I must first equate why. The why question will never be as simple as, "because I want to." Maybe our bodies, our minds, even our ability to think, are not for us, but for our DNA. Our ability to think is not to carry on our life as a person, or to choose what we want as an individual, but to carry on our lives as people, and that doesn't just come from people, it's in all life. Maybe the differences If a sea coral, with no ability to think, has the ability to evolve and find what is better for itself, does that mean that the ability to think does not truely come from our brain, itself, but is magnified in the brain to compensate for the "Tree of Life?"

I'm pretty baked, are you guys?

3. Sounds like a lot of conjecture.

4. To me perfect is like infinity, something that can be defined, but not achieved. How would you define a perfect organism? Something that doesn't die? Something that self-sustains? A horrible monster that destroys everything? I think different people would define it differently and that could cause a hiccup in your theory. I like your line of thinking, outside of the box kind of thing and keep up with it. Who knows, you may come up with some real mind blowing shit man!

5. DNA does not search for anything. DNA Does not make choices. It is simply a rock face being worn. Honed to a shape that nature has caused.

6. If infinity cannot be achieved, then how can absolute zero be achieved? I'm not much of a math expert. Enlighten me.

Obvoiusly, it may not be an organism. I does not even have to be multicelluar. And, to put it simply, wouldn't perfection simply be forever? If something could, itself, live forever, wouldn't that be perfect? If not, itself, then replication carrying it's gene forever? Technically, if all life evolved from a single cell, we're all doing the same work, just in a different way: carrying on our gene. We may be a bit different, but the replication gene is in all life. Correct?

Lmao. Explain.
    Then, please explain your theory on the formation of life.

7. Are you a philosopher haha.. Is there even room to assume cause and effect? Maybe so, maybe not and we just believe so because we can only perceive reality in one way, space and time and our interaction with it.. Never can we see what our reality is without us.. here comes da rationalist's to help us inductively and extrapolate without experience of this.. Although, nearly impossible to do so. Correct me if I've misspoke but isn't the point of evolving is that our DNA should potentially have infinite avenues to evolve.. thus we can never now how or to even will ourselves to evolve in a causal manner or arbitrary.. And it's wierd it seems to me that we are doing quite the opposite of evolving our physical bodies, yet maybe evolution has influenced the cells in our body to use our minds to expedite the process. I.E. we are currently striving, as a race in whole, to perfect our environment to tailor what we claim ourselves to be presently.. or possibly in the future ha

Also, Red herring much but there is always a natural mechanism to our bodies.. Things that our conscious has no control over,

8. We are perfection? I think we are a far cry from even being considered perfect.. yet what is the perfect being? haha

9. my mind is being repeatedly blown

this is why i like weed

10. #10 Thunderstruck, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2011
    it can't be. we can walk up to the edge of it but never quite get there. It's because there is no empty space so you can never fully remove all outside energy.

in reality they wouldn't be happening at the same time. From the objects point of view it could pick which one it's looking at but they would still be distinct from each other because those terms for the object would be defined by the outside world which isn't "outside" time. Basically you could just pick one moment and call that the middle and another and call that the end, that act gives itself a time.

it's main purpose is to store information, not copy itself. Also like someone said, it doesn't try and accomplish anything, it just is. DNA is also a lot of repeated information and bits of code from other living things that aren't used (normally). DNA evolved because it found a better combination of genes that provided more energy to the organism so it could grow larger and out compete others around it not because it was a faster or better copier machine.

DNA can't be outside time because it changing over time is exactly how it got to be as good as it is now. DNA won't ever achieve "perfection". It's entirely too slow at information collecting and eventually something in the universe would wipe it out long before it would get close. Unless you count it making us and us making machines that modify DNA to be a whole lot more effective.

no unless that same intelligence also made the vast amount of empty space that isn't alive just so this little amount on the planet here could grow. I don't understand why people believe in intelligent design. My first question is always, if it bothered to design us they why did it make the process take so long from the start of the universe? Why not just go, boom here's the universe and people on this one planet. Why bother letting the universe form, then stars, then planets, then animals, then kill them off a few times, then build a few bad models THEN finally get to us. If it's intelligent enough to make everything then it's also intelligent enough to speed the process up.

11. #11 Blunted123, May 5, 2011

First of all, you should amend your post, only the first quote is mine.

Second, DNA's main purpose is NOT only to store information. If DNA's job is simply store information (one gene, obviously, being replication), then it is not about the DNA, is it? If DNA is my storage locker, what decides what enters the storage locker? Who even bought this locker for me? Did the brain create DNA? I don't think so. And how did DNA find a better combination to provide more energy if it's just a storage locker? And, again, where in the hell did I get this thing?

We're talking about a perfect organism or life molecule, thus, perfect DNA. or genes, here. If it is performing the operations which define it and it's life, and it can replicate it's DNA infinitely in a controlled or uncontrolled environment without using up the given sources of energy or self destruction, then it is perfect, nearly by definition, until some uncontrollable, disastrous event takes place, wiping off all forms of life. Life is defined by it's environment, thus if the environment does not change and the organism/single cell does not die, it should be deemed perfect.

Who is, "it?"

12. We have achieved it though, I've researched the meissner effect and we can actually bring an finite area to absolute zero, is it really about removing energy or cooling energy so everything is fixed. Actually, the coldest spot in the universe that we have recorded is 3 degress off from absolute zero.

13. we've gotten to something like 1/1000000 or some such number close to it but not actual absolute zero. You can say that is the same as getting to absolute zero because it's effectively the same thing. Not sure what the meissner effect has to do with it though, that's about superconductors being cooled to the point where they have a magnetic field, they don't require to be at that low a temp. to get that effect though.

fixed sorry.

There are a whole lot of things that can modify DNA, like itself via proteins it can make. Also radiation can change DNA in random places.

You are here because there is DNA, no one "bought the locker" for you. You are here because it is, you are the results of it's instructions. It is simply the biological version of binary code and you are the program.

It found better combination's to provide more energy because the life that it exists in was able to reproduce more/faster or had some other advantage over other life at the time so it's version of the code won out. That's how evolution works, the better code keeps going so that a long long long time later ALL the code from every version of every life form that lead up to you is all in there still. Hence we say the tree of life and not the forest of life (because each animal has their own "tree" of DNA). Again, you got it because you are a descendant of the great ape's and they got it from those before them all the way back to the first single celled organism and even prior to that when the proteins were created in the heat of the ocean vents.

Just a note, it can't replicate indefinitely. We age because there is a limit on how many times it can replicate itself. Of course there are many other reasons but this is one of them. Look up Aubrey de Grey, he's made it his goal to combat this and all the other problems of aging.

if your talking about a pretend chunk of DNA that is perfect in every way then sure, the DNA is perfect. That still doesn't mean that the thing it creates is perfect, you can have no error's in DNA but have the code it describes is a blob that does nothing. Just because there are no error's doesn't mean the code is describing something that's useful, unless your just saying that it is and does but that's different than saying DNA itself is perfect. It's built to be robust enough to contain error's and still work, it actually wants errors because they can help randomly find a better solution to a problem.

why is that perfect? it's just saying that there isn't any outside influences on it any more. I would say that perfect should be that it has the ability to rewrite it's own DNA to better fit itself to the environment. Then it isn't limited by the environment but can pick and choose which to live in.

who or whatever did the intelligent designing. I don't believe in the argument so I use "it" because I at least try and play the game of not saying the three letter word that intelligent design is really trying to say without actually saying it.

I think I just hit a new record on post length with this one. :hello:

14. #14 Blunted123, May 5, 2011
    I'll keep this short because you didn't quite comprehend my post, or answer my questions.

And how did this DNA get here? I'm here because if it, but why is it here? Where did it come from? And don't worry, I know how I got here.

And if it can't, in a way, think for itself, then how is it coming up with these "better codes." I mean, obviously it does, but how? You can't really say it does, with no proof, right?

Isn't there a jellyfish that can live forever?
    And I'm not talking about just DNA. It's any living life form that can live forever. Theoretically, if life lasted until the end of ALL life on Earth, and the life-ending event was out of our control, weren't we ALL perfect in our own way? We would have lasted from birth until uncontrollable death, without using up all the resources in the given environment. Wouldn't each and every lifeform on Earth be, by definition, perfect? What makes you think the ability to rewrite itself makes it perfect? Does it need that to survive in it's environment? And if we all came from a single cell, you cannot consider yourself different than other life. We are ALL related. Unless you believe in the shape-shifting aliens. Then, you may state your case. :smoke:

No one even said anything about intelligent design, anyway. A higher power can be anything, including a form of the big bang. If the big bang formed the cause and effect that led to us, would that not be, "God-high power that designed that universe." Or, as the Mason's believe, the, "Great Architect of the Universe." Right?

15. i dont feel like jumping into the line-by-line here, im way too baked for that, I just wanted to make two points

first, for absolute zero to be obtained, youd have to condense your space into non-existance, nothingness. it would effectively create a singularity or some shit I suppose....but no space or matter can exist without some measure of energy.

second, im surprised no one has made a matrix reference yet, because IMO, DNA is akin to a virus for the purposes of this discussion. it doesnt actually live forever, instead, constantly replicating and evolving.

16. That was exactly my point. In the given environment, it isn't feasible to have a single lifeform. It must replicate itself or in the case of humans, mate, to continue the evolution of our DNA. The single life form may not life forever, but it's passed on in order to "life forever," so to speak. Do you guys get it? ALL DNA, no matter what lifeform, is always trying to surivive. It has a will-power, whether it's free will or not.

17. I follows both of you! I need some literature, care to supply to help me expand my knowledge on all of this..

18. It got here through random molecular interactions of carbon chains resulting in the complex carbon chain that is DNA that we know of today. Molecular interactions happening an infinite number of times resulting in an infinite number of products. The idea is the strong survived and the weak died off.. I.E evolution.

Biochemistry 101 please.

No lol... wtf?
    How exactly do you get the relationship that immortality = perfection? It doesn't, in reality we are only about 15 years away from making ourselves immortal. Google it..
    Stopping your cells from dividing and degrading does not make you perfect. It just makes you not age. The only way to know what perfection is is to be omnipotent. We cannot achieve this so we cannot ever be perfect. Unless you know everything how do you know you're perfect?

I may be chemically similar, but I am different than other life. Just as you are. Just as environmental factors determine who you are there are cellular environmental factors that help determine your cellular uniqueness.

19. DNA in the fourth dimension isn't DNA