DNA Chocolope/Lighting Questions??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Retrosole, Feb 3, 2010.

1. #1 Retrosole, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2010
    I have a 6 pack of these beans from attitude :hello:. I am going to veg 3 of them under a 250 mh in my grow tent for 4 weeks and flowering under a 250 hps for 8-9 weeks. 100% organic grow as well, temps with lights on were 74-80 and off was 65-70, and I have a 6' euro cool tube, 6' inline, and 6' scrubber in an all-in-one set up inside the grow tent. The height of the tent is almost 7 feet btw.

A. Is a 250 enough given the lighting, grow-tent set up (from htgs), veg/flower time and strain I chose?

B. Nutes and Ferts. Any recommendations for specifics for chocolope? I've heard good things about fox farms 3 pack that apparently covers both veg and flowering periods...would that be all I need? or is it not so "black and white"?

C. Given the info I gave, any estimates on yield?

D. How should I go about raising/lowering my light...should I just use extra ducting so that it's flexible, and in the case my plants grew 4-5 tall would that be too close to the light or something?

2. a. Sounds like a good set up.. i'd recommend some more watts tho. at least 400w. i couldnt imagine running 250w... it would take forever to see actual growth/flowers. but then again ive never had experience with 250w...
    b. Different plants and strains demand different nutrients... I always recommend Canna nutes. you can use it in coco, soil or hydro. its really top of the line nutes. (the cadillac of nutes)
    c. yields.......... all up the the grower..diseases, pest problem, genectics, nutes, all tie in to how your yielding.
    hope i helped, good luck:)

3. if your only vegging 3 that a 250 watt light is def sufficient.i use a 600 watt for 10 about.
    if your using soil def go with a good soil like foxfarm.in terms of nutes..keep it simple.fox farm got a big bloom,grow, and bloom 3 part system that would def be good for ya.def dont overdo it though..their feeding charts say to use high amount of nutes..do half or even less than half every other watering or a feed water water feed schedule.

def get good ventaltion in there.i never used a 250 watt just a 400 halide for my babies..i dont even exhaust it in the winter..i like haveing the soil heat up a bit from the light to evaporate some water..almost impossible to overwater then.they love moist-dry soil

4. Any help on question D? I also need help with holding my air-cooled euro hood and light in the tent, not sure about a sturdy method.

thanks guys, and the ventilation in the tent is actually really nice a bit too much actually lol

can't wait to start this :hello:

5. annoying bump :smoking:

sorry, stoned out of my mind and having nothing to do

6. well if your tent is 7 ft you ll def not run out of space as long as your growing indica or an indica/sativa mix.send em in to flower no later than 18" and you ll be fine.i hang my hoods with chains..nothing special about it but they do have hood hangers that all you have to do is grip up the hood and move it up or down..their round black balls lol and have black nylon line.hopefully your tent is sturdy enough.

7. #7 Retrosole, Feb 3, 2010
    Yeah, I'm hoping it's sturdy enough too. I hope someone who has boughten the tents off High Tech Garden Supply could provide some insight. I had a temporary set up going but it was a bit sketchy and I wouldn't want to find my hood + lights on my plants one day. I just did it to check the temps. Any ever use the HGS tent?

edit: come on guys, more views and replies on a thread about growing at a university? really? lol, sorry i'm impatient as hell

8. it should be fine, those tents are designed to support lights..I have a 2x4x7 grow tent that I separated into a clone/flower sections. I built a wood frame 20" tall by 4' long and then separate that in half to use the left side for my veg area that i put a 24" dual t5 floro in. the other half of my bottom section I use to store my tools and nutes ect..then I have a nice area above that is about 2x4x5 to flower in, I have a 600w hps w/cooltube and it works great...

and 250w is not very much..get at least a 400 watter

9. #9 Retrosole, Feb 3, 2010
    well 250 isn't very much for 3 I suppose, but I am assuming I may get a shitty phenotype or a male so one will most likely get pulled. I'm planting three just to give a better shot at the better pheno. So hopefully, I'll end up with two under the 250, and veg em a week or two longer then normal

and this question is a bit irrelevant, but would a 9-5 job 5 days a week in the summer be too much time away from my plants? I need to have a job if I grow, it's pretty much the only condition

10. thats fine bro...I check my garden in the am and in the pm...