DJ's

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by Ntak, May 10, 2008.

1. im buyin some starter numark dj set and im wonderin if ne 1 else here mixes and scratches?? DJ Bobby B and Mix master mike say to buy vestax but i havent really even started and im not gonna by a $1000 set..

2. I do not dj, I have a set a turntables but I only use one to sample into my turntable.

I have the numark dj battle package, but a upgraded mixer, so I have some knowlegde. Plus I know several dj's.

Numark is known for it cheaply made products. Any member of the dj community will say numark is the cheap and short lasting equipment. People have gone to say that it will break in about a year if that long.

Dj's also say that once you get a numark you will regret it becuase it is not like other better tables so after a few weeks you will only want a upgrade.

Personally my numark has not failed me. I use regularly and it has not broken down on me for over a year. The torque is okay and it seems well built. But you have to take into consideration I have never taken it out of my room and rarely scratch.

Dj's will all recommend technic 1200's, because of their reliability and features. of course there are some with other preferences, Pioneer, vestax, ect.

technics can be had on ebay for cheap and they are the best thing you can get.

dj-forums.com is a good website for dj's, and a look at it will show you what people think of numarks, technics and anyother turntables.

3. Don't get the numark starting package. Go with the Stanton DJlab. As for technics, its going to be a huge investment starting out, even when purchasing from eBay.

My gear set up is:

2x Numark TT200
    1x Denon DN-X100 Mixer
    1x Stanton Headphones (Can't remember the model name, ran me 100$ though)

I haven't upgraded anything, and have enjoyed my set-up very much. No problems with the Numarks.