DJ Shadow

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by LSDemon, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Anyone else heard this guy??

If so what do you guys like about his music?

I'm just curious because I have a friend who thinks its the greatest music ever, and I can't work out why this is so because I HATE his stuff, it seriously sounds like the worst parts of my least favorite songs mixed to make a super awful song that just makes me feel bad towards everything.

Please give some feedback, I'm sure there are some die-hard fans out there.

Please help me understand what DJ shadows deal is so that next time I'm stuck with this friend of mine in a 2 hour DJ shadow on repeat car trip I don't do anything criminal.:mad:

2. Endtroducing is a powerful cd. DJ Shadow is one of the seminal turntablists...maybe you just hear a bad album of his. Personally, I'm not a huge Trip Hop fan so I can only listen through to one album and then it's time to move on.

3. I like this style of music because you are using two records and a beet, to creates something that would be completely different. You don't use instruments, you use samples. But instead of the way Girl Talk uses samples (a computer and editing software) the turntablists uses his hands and his head to figure out what he wants in the sound. If you don't like DJ Shadow try Kid Koala he has more "songs".

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR-i0qRHLpM"]YouTube - Kid Koala - Basin Street Blues[/ame]

4. You'll like this....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRQhGgrqDFo"]YouTube - dj shadow endtroducing[/ame]

5. my itunes was on shuffle and "you cant go home again" started to play, i was hooked. haha

6. yo alright get Endtroducing and some acid and tell me that's not the illest shit ever
    Endtroducing is by far my favorite record of his. Just him the MPC and some samples.

7. Well, I think it depends on what kind of music you are into. I love hip hop, electronic and trip hop so DJ Shadow is the shit to me. What kind of music do you like? That will determine which stuff of his you will like more.

8. Thanks for the feedback guys, I think maybe how overplayed DJ Shadow gets its what is killing it for me, I don't know what album it is either.

So he mixes all his stuff?