DIY LED grow light instructions

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by rustynails, Jan 31, 2013.

1. sounds like it would be a fun project .does anyone know were to find full length detailed instructions to build a commercial grade led grow light because i dont wanna burn mmy house down with something i would consider " iffy" and some links on places to buy the parts. THANK YOU

2. I am on my phone so can't do the search for you but there are websites everywhere about how to build your own light array. Google it and you will no be disappointed. If you want to keep it cheap you will want to find a supplier of decent grade led diodes. Be Leary of ones from china it is hit or miss with them. Also remember to get computer fans for the setup, the array is going to get hot, you don't want to undo all the soldering work you will be doing on this.

3. thank you for the info

4. So did you find anything?
    I say you should go check the aquarium forums. A lot of DIY LED panels there.
    I have no idea if you have any knowledge in LEDs and circuitry...
    So prior to construct the panel just be sure you have done some research.

Here's a list of important steps:
    -determine the right color spectrums for plant growth;

-choose the right wattage for plant growth(get 3 watts+, not the cheap 1w leds, they aren't worth it.

-get the right lens(optional): some LED chips already have lens, others don't or their coverage is too wide.

-search about pros and cons of: series circuit, parallel circuit and a mix of both in LED panels. The adapters' current and voltage are gonna depend on the number of LEDs and the type of circuit you choose.

-very important: heat management: high power LED chips cannot manage the heat they produce by themselves. They will lose efficiency/stop working after a while because of the heat if you don't mount them on a heatsink that dissipates it. Get one on ebay. Those with fin pin are better than just an aluminum plate. You can even add a pc fan on the heatsink for airflow.

I guess that's it, all you need after checking the above is a couple of wires and maybe a soldering iron.

Have fun! :wave:

5. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFzIP_TN75A]How-to: Powerful DIY video light (800 watt equivalent) - YouTube[/ame]

6. ^^thats not LED bro..

7. Sry man I was high and saw diy lights

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Grasscity Forum mobile app