DIY carbon filter for stanley blower?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Toastman8, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Does anybody know of a DIY for the Stanley blower? Or any that would work for it? I want to move to flowering but I have no odor control yet

2. There is a journal on here some where with a nice step by step with pics...Just do a serch.

3. Hmm I tired searching before I posted guess I'll just have to look a little harder, thanks!

4. Just took a closer look and they used a Lasko but the thread said stanley, I can't seem to find any other on here either. Did that thread help at all? i know it looks alot like the stanley fan.

5. Never mind just checked your journal and i think that's it...:)

6. Thanks man! Yeah I have the Lasko too. Just checked eBay and a 6 inch filter is only about 60 bucks, and I am far from "handy" or really any good at DIY stuff at all so I'll probably just order one when pay day comes around. Thanks for reminding me I need to update my journal :p

7. I've noticed that when I have everything zipped up my fan doesn't move air as effectively as when everything's open, is this because my passive intake is too small?

8. Hey good idea, I was just wondering do any of you guys have pics of how you could use something like this for a tent setup? Would you just use this for blow air in for the intake, or what? I was just going to use a 6 inch fan for my outtake and use a passive intake on the tent but if I could use something like that blower it would be a lot easier. Any thoughts?

9. I use mine exactly the way you plan to use your 6 inch fan. All I did was attach some 6" ducting to my fan and put it out the exhaust hole in my tent. It's really a great fan all keeps my 4x4 with a non air cooled 600w plenty cool. And for about 50 bucks :)

10. Nice man, what's the sound like on that?

11. Pretty quiet

12. Never heard an inline in action though so I have nothing to base this off. With it in my tent and behind a folding closet style door I can barely hear it while standing outside the door

13. Alright that sounds good, I'll probably have something similar to yours, with the tent and in a separate room, so I'm not too worried.

14. I think you'll be happy with your choice!