diy air conditioner

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by scarecrow42, Oct 1, 2009.

1. ok so my brother in law is an hvac guy,and we have been tryin to figure out a cheap easy way to make your own a/c.we got it!:hello:rather simple really we took an old transmission cooler we got from jegs[the hot rod store] cost about 25 bucks an igloo cooler,a small water pump ours is 140 gph, 6 20 oz water bottles and rubber tubing.this is going in the new wardrobe unit that is under constrution.what you do is drill 2 holes in the side of your cooler at the top.then run 2 hoses thru them make sure your tubing size and holes match in case it tips or what not and silicone them.attach one end to your pump outlet.the other just sits there.then hook up the tranny cooler to the other ends of the tubes.1 in 1 out.then take your 6 water bottles fill them with water an freeze them.after freezing put in cooler.and fill half full with water.you may have to wiegh your bottels down to keem em from floating.ok then put a fan infront of your intake hole on your cab.attach the cooler to the front of your fan and there ya go homeade cheap a/c.well sorta it gets the job done quite nicley without freezin your plants just change out the bottles once a day.ill put pics up in a day or 2 after its installed but the air is nice and cold from the test runs.you could even set it on a thermast timer if ya wanted to.something we thought up i figured id share.any improvments you can think of would be great.enjoy

2. I am curious on how this will play out and anticipate your results and pictures.

3. ya lol so are we the test runs worked great had a 10 to 15 degree drop in temp when we tested it with a thermometer at 6 in from the fan surface.the iced water had only been in there for about 10 mins to.gotta get some brackets and finish off the intake chamber and will post pics then.it wont super cool nothin but it will help lower the chambers temp down.gonna make a port so the cool tube draws from there as well.stay tuned lol

4. kool kool

like the idea
    had the same idea but was goin to us one of thou 12v cooler/heater coolers thats for or car( holds bout 4 cans of soda)took it apart and it has a chip that getts very cold on one side and wicked hot on the other. i was thinkin of placing the chip (cold side) on my intake tube with a heat sink in side and a heat sink on the out side for the hot side of chip( maybe have a 40-50mm fan on the hot sink,too). air going in intake tube should be cooled by cold heat sink. i think it will drop temps 5-10 degs.

5. sounds like it would work.i figure anything you can do to cool the air makes life less stressful lmao.

6. here some pic so you know what im thinking

big heat sink on inside small on outside

Attached Files:

7. [​IMG]

$99 works every time.

8. yes it does super ill give ya that but try to put that in a rubbermade tub with your plants lol.:D

9. i personally dont have the space or facility's for that.thats why we came up with this system so it was self contained in a really small space.like a small wardrobe cabinet.