Ditching hydroponic for other medium.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by steelcap956, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Developed nasty slimy shit all over my Aerogarden7 LED resivoir. It's bad...I'm embarrassed to even take pictures of it. So I got 4 more seeds left. 3 dark devil autos and one jack horror auto. I DONOT want to start grow any of those in a Rez that was contaminated. So my question is. Should I bleach soak the Rez and pump and buy new air stones and try again or should I try a soil grow indoors? I got the lighting I got the LED setup a strong one too 600w LED viparspectra.

Sent from my Z982 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Keep in mind I want to grow a single plant. Micro grow. Not looking for huge yield just an ounce would be fine. Just gotta be strong. And healthy

3. Dude get a bag of ffof fox farm ocean forest and a 3 or 5 gallon container and go soil.

• Like Like x 1
  4. clean and replace stones.
    Always run something for root rot. Great white, hydroguard etc...
    Make sure no light can hit the water. Big cause of root rot

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Go one better and put the ocean forest on top of some Kind Soil for a super simple water only grow

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'd like a better explanation of this method. But I need to read on alot of the products mentioned in the comments. In other I know jack shit about growing indoors or outdoors.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm leaning fuckin hard towards this right now.

8. hydro is faster

• Like Like x 3
  9. I love coco dtw

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Hempy Buckets.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Really appreciate all the comments. I am thinking a 3 gallons container and use the remaining Aerogarden sponge and cage I have a count a hole in center of bucket cover to fit the sponge cage and basically make my own Aerogarden with a larger resivoir.

12. a chiller and hydroguard and z7 is the first thing ony list from here on out. I ain't bullshittin around upping the electric bill just to make a mess. Anyway rant over. Thanks for listening fellas and ladies.

13. Check the grow I’ve got going I this feed “custom micro box & fabric pot” and in “indoor growing” “Idiot Proof Grow”. Both are that soil mix. Kind Soil is a living soil that requires ph water only. All the nutes are available in the soil to be taken up by the plant when it requires it. It is “hot” soil so seedlings get burnt if started in the Kind Soil but you can start them in coco or a less hot organic soil like ocean forest and by the time the roots reach the Kind Soil the plant is more mature and able to handle the soil. I’ve used it plenty of times and love it. High quality buds with a lot of flavor. Literally just PHd water from seed to harvest and no flush required. [​IMG] that’s the micro grow I’ve got going now that is using this mix.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I wouldnt total abandon hydroponics just yet. I grow with 60/40 coco/clay pebbles. Start in rockwool cubes, into 1.5 l pot, then your final size pot. I use four 9 liter pots for my grow. Have a res, run drain to waste. So simple, never have EC/ppm or pH issues. Good yields, quicker grow time than soil. Almost impossible to over water. Less risk of diseases compared to other types of hydro where roots are constantly in water

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kind soil, fabric pot....what size pot would be suitable for a single plant? 3-5 gallons?

16. I'll look into this thanks

17. It's not the method that's screwing you. It's the crappy setup. Get a black 3.5 gallon bucket with a net pot lid and use that aerogarden for kitchen herbs or something. They're too small for cannabis. Likely not enough air. You need 100gph for a bucket minimum. I run more like 200gph of air.

DWC Hydro is for someone with a good general understanding of the plant science behind it. Rookies can do it but it's definitely a little more complicated then using a medium. The advantage is a faster growth rate in general but it's not an advantage if you can't keep the plant alive.

If I was going to recommend a good starter easy mode grow system I would say get some promix and perlite with some fabric pots. Get a bottle of GH floranova bloom. You can grow start to finish with just that bottle. It vegges well. Just feed it 3ml/gallon to start and raise it up a little as the plant gets some size. Start off giving it just enough to stay moist until the next day so the roots get plenty of air. Increase the feed as the plant dries out the pot more as it gets larger. 20% perlite in the mix.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I’ve used both and had great results

• Like Like x 1
  19. I was battling slime in my dwc buckets until about 3 weeks ago when i switched from a sterile h202 system which wasnt effective without a chiller, to running bennies in my buckets. The concept is to populate the bucket with more good bacteria that way the bad can't populate. I use botanicare's pure blend tea..it contains EWC which is essential at a ratio of 5ml a gallon, and I also use rooters mychorizzae at 1/2 tsp gallon.. My roots have never looked better or grown faster. I add the tea every 3 days and can go 2 weeks without an issue of slime or odors... As far as the stones go, replace them and sterilize all buckets and hydrotron with bleach. I included a pic of a plant that was ravaged with root issues before I switched..it has re grown a new healthy root system in just a few weeks and is producing healthy looking buds.. Good luck with your next grow[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. 1 plant go with soil. Hydro is a pain in the ass, coco fiber is to expensive, once you understand the plant you can reuse your soil, always use 30 to 50 percent perlite. Use same nutes you had for hydro.

• Like Like x 1