Distilled H20? H202?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Jobadiah, Feb 8, 2019.

?

Whats your fav way to water?

1. by hand

50.0%
  2. a drip system

25.0%
  3. naked

25.0%
  4. while eating a sandwich, also naked

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Should I be using distilled H20 in my germination process, or tap? I'm going to put them in soil which I've amended with biolive, 707 roots organic, a PK booster, Seaweed/Kelp extract, and Bus Blend. Ill be adding a few other things later, or foliar feeding things like seed-sprouted teas later as well.

I don't know if I will be able to continue to have access to distilled water when Ill need it, and may just go full-on tap water periodically adjusted as needed for the sake of ease and my wallet lol.

Moreover, would anyone recommend using Hydrogen Peroxide in germination as well? I hear there are benefits to both, but I know distilled H20 is a bit acidic around pH of 5.0. Of course, everyone and they mamma has a theory about it, but theres some smart folks here at grasscity...Also, Ive heard that using H202 in the germ process will increase germ success rate, and increase the growth rate of the seedling and early veg periods.

What do you folks think?

2. City tap water at 8.5 PH. All the plants get it straight from the hose. Hot and dry here and I'm old and don't have the time or energy to mess with changing it.
    I run a bit of Sulfur dust in my soil to take up the slack and it works fine. Soil is more forgiving of out of spec "Stuff"
    LMAO it's still just a plant when it comes down to it.
    [​IMG]
    Veg space.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  3. I only water with well water and rain water, the plants seem ok with either, I like to soak seeds in water with a little ful power.

4. as for germinating seeds a pre soak in distilled water is a safer bet than a pre soak in tap water unless you know factually what's in your tap water. if you're buying canna seeds you're spending $$'s to get them. using distilled water simply improves your odds for seeds to actually germinate.

after germination decent tap water gets the job done. distilled water is usually about $1 a gallon.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. [​IMG]
    me: food before plant lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I would skip the soil recipe you listed in the second sentence and just use a light mix seed starter.
    cheers
    os

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah, Ill be taming it down for the start, thats whats in the final containers, or will be.

8. Ok, cool, thank you for the assistance there. Ive bwwn a bit concerned with my local tap. It sits right around 200ppm, but there's a lot of chlorine in it, and im using mycorrhizae. I don't wanna kill them lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I wish I had well water access, but Im in the city, so no bueno. My grandparents have one, for irrigation purposes. That water is great, but theres like NO Iron in it, they say, which can create some problems down the line, but great all around.

10. Lol i suppose your right. I most definitely don't mean to overthink it, I just wanna make sure I'm going to grow a great product. White Widow this season, and maybe a couple other strains. We'll see soon.

11. Update: 02/12: Thanks for the help and advice everybody, I appreciate it!

• Friendly Friendly x 1