Dissolution Of Reality?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Praetorian, Aug 7, 2018.

1. I have thought more about this lately, I am coming to the same conclusion, that we are not living in the same reality.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Who's reality are we living in anyways? I mean, throughout history this has happened. Have we even left a dissolution of reality?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. It never dissolves, just changes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pretty profound, I agree with you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. We are living in the reality of those who work hardest in realizing their reality.

As of right now it seems one of our most prominent influences on reality are international bankers followed by a multitude of instruments for their end (governments/states, military, media etc). Really the saying "follow the money" should be a simple truism. Where is all the wealth? Google, Apple, facebook, Twitter, Vatican, Exxon, etc are examples that are transparent I.e. we know there is a lot of money in those. But, we don't know about the non-transparent wealth out there.

This starts getting into things that make people uncomfortable, but we have to face the reality that is being manifested, pretending it is something that it isn't certainly isn't changing things. We cannot pretend, we have to WILL things into existence, but this requires people with imagination, people that can imagine a new reality, and they have to spread that idea until enough people believe it and start acting toward it.

Sadly a lot of peoples imaginations have been stifled one way or another (entertainment, consumerism, job, school, etc) coupled with (IMO) false visionarys for people to follow (leading to a reality designed by those currently in control). They don't want people to figure out how to create a new reality WITHOUT an elite parasitic class.

We have to own the art, create/own the culture, spread good ideas and be hopeful. Feeling defeated leads to apathy and inaction, which again alows others to create their reality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The late great Terence McKenna had a great point about this.

He said, no one actually has access to "the Truth" because there may not be such a thing.

There is no truth. There are only models of reality, and different people subscribe to different versions of it.

An easy major-world-example of this, is to point out how many people subscribe to Islam, and believe it is an absolutely true version of reality.
    Then you consider the people in Christianity who believe something else.
    Then you consider all the Buddhists who believe something else...

These are just the 3 mainstream beliefs that sway billions of people their way.
    The point to be made, is that realizing reality is not something anyone owns.

A lot, if not all of it, is completely subjective

7. Funny I just listened to the trialogues with him yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I like Sheldrake and Abraham, but I think their overall intellectualism can't hold a candle to Terence's.

9. Really? He was definitely an interesting fellow, a real psychonaught.

10. #30 NorseMythology, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    I will push back at this for the sake of challenging ourselves and maybe getting some insight.

I will go through a bit of my reasoning and extrapolate from there.

To establish objective truth and defining it as true independent of any subject, I start with the assertion that

1. Something exists/Infinity is differentiated I.e. not nothing

I know of no argument or anything that can or does invalidate that statement, in which case I am perfectly reasonable to conclude that as an objective truth (unless we want to say that the most high being is a subject and something only exists in the context of this 'mind'/to this subject).

Regardless, of whether we consider that objective or subjective, it is true that something exists, it does not depend on a model of reality. Our model of reality is our attempt to understand and make sense of the nature of this truth. Another way to put it is that our model of reality is an attempt to create the most accurate analogue of the highest truth.

So religions are to varying degrees, inaccurate analogues of the truth, as are all of our models of reality.

Since the truth is infinite, but our ability to discern its expression in our reality is finite, we only have access to the infinite potential through dreams, imagination, mathematics and other analogues and REALIZE them into our reality, thus bringing them out of POTENTIALLY true into ACTUALLY true. Our reality is that which is actually true, which is only an analogue of the real truth, the potential/infinite, we are co-creators.

So as I was saying earlier, reality is made by will power, the will to actualize imagination. Right now we live in a reality of those who imagine slavery, but we have the ability to change reality if we can change the minds and therefore will of enough people. This is how revolutions happen, eventually the people get tired of living in a reality that preferentially benefits others and the expense of themself.

Picture it like a wave, if you have two coherent waves, you get a wave with double the amplitude I.e. double the energy. If we can get enough minds coherent on another reality the wave becomes unstoppable, it MUST be expressed/actualized.

You can see this in the U.S. right now, those in power present people with incoherent imaginations, so we never have enough coherence to change their reality. Racism, right/left paradigm, nationalism, religion etc.

I am curious what you make of this and welcome any critiques so I can hone my ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  11. That touched on a few more lines I'm way too stoned to think about today. (Lazy Saturday with cats and lots o bud), but I'd agree with

Regardless, of whether we consider that objective or subjective, it is true that something exists, it does not depend on a model of reality. Our model of reality is our attempt to understand and make sense of the nature of this truth. Another way to put it is that our model of reality is an attempt to create the most accurate analogue of the highest truth.

So religions are to varying degrees, inaccurate analogues of the truth, as are all of our models of reality.

You can see this in the U.S. right now, those in power present people with incoherent imaginations, so we never have enough coherence to change their reality. Racism, right/left paradigm, nationalism, religion etc.

I'd add that, while those in power, or marketing in general, can influence how the masses see reality, it is ultimately up to the individual to control one's own reality as much as possible.
    I'd imagine the most free and capable thinkers among us are not so easily swayed by marketing and propaganda.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tony Stark was on Rogan recently

• Like Like x 1
  13. i say ALL of it is subjective as long as we identify with thoughts/beliefs, the (i, me, mine) ego mind/body identity... we are not the mind or the body but the consciousness awareness Soul (for those who have one or feel they have one)...

All the sages or awakened ones regardless of background as well of those who had no school of thought or method to drill down beyond the illusion of the space time conundrum agree that thinking is what limits us as much as helps... Reality cannot be "thought" about, it is a transcendental state beyond the waking, dreaming & deep sleep state... similar to a 4th state in between the others.. basically in the now or moment which cannot be thought about...

All these realized beings agree that they rarely think as there is no need to ... a situation may be presented that before they would tag as a problem and be concerned but after awakening it is just a passing cloud and they watch as seemingly miraculously out of the blue the situation is resolved for the benefit of all... it's called by some as being in harmony with nature or the universe, life itself.

"Thinking" our way through life involves a lot of wasted energy and effort... many great minds have said that ideas came to them after drifting off into a nap, in a dream or on awakening... some say that all ideas are released at the exact same time by the One Mind in the Universe or the creative intelligence and those minds open to the information or download will take note... others only notice it as a passing thought but not act on it... this has to do with inventions like the industrial revolution, space exploration, etc.

but YES i digress. (infinite correlation of the inverse, can't help it)