Disposing of male plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jaybeezy35, Aug 9, 2017.

1. So I've heard that just throwing a male plant in the garbage isn't the best because of pollen pollinating every female in a 1 mile radius and I'd hate to ruin someone else's crop in the area I was thinkin disposing it like a dead body cutting off all the leaves and throwing them in a garbage disposal leaving just the stalk and soil. Would this be a good way? Btw this is my first grow and my first forum I've joined not my first post sorry if I'm not doing it right I am trying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Chop the main stem. Bag It. Tie the bag off. Bag the plant again.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. Even better idea THANKS!

4. You sir, are a gentleman!

Sent from my SM-G900H using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Haha why thank you I try to take other people and grows into consideration. I'd definitely hate for that to happen to me :)

6. I save some males to make cookies

but mostly chop and bury

to compost down

7. How many males does it take to make a batch of cookies and what part of the plant do you use?!? The leaves? I read several articles that makes produce a decent amount of THC

8. It's the resin you'd want at that point. Every part of the plant is useful. In my eyes anyway. I don't waste a thing

• Like Like x 1
  9. Some say m9 use the roots as floss.

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah I've heard that as well and I wouldn't like to waste a thing because males are used for breeding edibles and concentrates and also to make juice for medical benefits. But also to do that you have to let it grow right? Since it's my first grow my main goal is to harvest some flower I grew the one plant agent orange which turned out to be male. I have two others going they're about 2 weeks old. I had three seeds from good looking buds from a recreational dispensary assuming they have good genes I planted. I started with just the one to see if I was a good father and grew a happy healthy plant which I'm pretty sure I did. And with some rookie mistakes and learning from them im pretty confident these seedlings won't take much if any stress besides from topping and training.

11. Bagseed can be hit or miss
    I just did a bagseed that gave me a little over 330 grams with 0 seeds.
    But then again i had the risk of male or hermie.
    Bag seeds are risky. I stick to fem seeds and cloning

• Like Like x 1
  12. Listen, if you can find me something else that gets these pearly whites any brighter than hit me up. Until then I'm sticking to to rootfloss

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lmfao hellll no that's great. Yeah after the seedlings show gender male or female I'll be ordering from seedsupreme some beginner fem seeds. Unless you or anyone has any suggestions to a better seedbank that ships to the US

14. One more question when's a good time to start giving nutes

15. Depends on medium. Soil 3 weeks

16. Ok I'm using a 50/50 mix of Happy Frog and Ocean forest because I had an issue with straight Happy Frog being stubborn to not accepting water and I don't want to waste the Happy Frog

17. Happy frog has not a lot of nutes in it and should be mixxed with perlite. But the ocean forest makes up for the nutes. You got 2-3 weeks

18. Awesome thanks for everything I'm enjoying this forum everyone is awesome and nice so far.

19. Haha yeah, gc is awesome, I've been on them all. GC is my home. Lots of.great growers on here.

I've been doing it 3 years in 5 days

• Like Like x 1