Discolored leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dro-Boy, Mar 27, 2008.

1. The new developing leaves are turning black and yellow on the the tips and edges. I was told that this could possibly be a zinc deficiency. Is that true and if not what is the root of the problem and how do I fix it.

2. Transplant/seed starter soil for a transplanted plant and an organic soil with worm castings in it and a plant that was started from a seed in it.

Light: 400 watts hps, 46 cm away, 24 hr for veg

Temp:around 24C, Humidity:water evaporating from the soil, fan is blowing on plants lightly

type of water:6.0-6.5 ph nutrient tap water, watering when top eight cm are dry, organic plant is in a 5 gallon bucket and transplant is in a 3 gallon bucket

Miracle Grow all purpose liquid plant food, 12 4 8 Chelated Iron=.1 Chelated Mn=.05
    Chelated Zn=.05, dosage:1/2 teaspoon per 2 quarts every two weeks

The plants are in my closet. The plants are in the middle of a circle of reflective material with a fan blowing on them lightly througha 10 cm break in the reflective circle. I leave the door open a bit to keep the air circulating so that it doies not get too hot. I have put my hand next to the plants to see if it is too hot for them and the air temperature feels fine.