Disc Golf.

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Happyjack13, May 15, 2008.

1. About to go play a round :)

It's pretty big amongst us here in the michigan area...I dunno about other places though?

Do alot of ya'll here play?

2. My dad plays! He's super into it, has been for a few years...he's competing the Disc Golf World Championship in Michigan in August. I told him I'd go for support...and a free trip, even if it is just to Michigan, haha

He keeps trying to get me to play a round at our local course but I won't haha...he's suckered my brother into it and he likes it, so I'm thinking of just giving up and going to play, I may like it, who knows.

He gave me one of his putters because it has the Grateful Dead bears printed on the front, aha.

3. You def. should check it out and give it a try. It's the choice of stoners all over my area :)

What's wrong with michigan anyway? Besides the fact that our economy sucks and the winters are bullshit, we have a beautiful state.

4. Yea, I'm a Disc Golf fanatic.

I haven't played an actual course in a while, but I kind of make my own course on the fields out here.

I'd like to get some baskets and make an actual course out here. One day maybe...

5. I love disc golfing (also from Michigan). I'm not very good, but I still like to play. Where about do you go playing. I've only ever went to Kensington Park.

6. yo disc golf is the shit...we be playin it here in va all the time

7. HAHA yeah man Disc Golf is fuckin sick, i try to play it at least 2-3 times a week but i lost my only 2 discs a couple days ago, was fuckin blown out on White Widow and searched everywhere for them but no luck.:(

but yeah MI has some badass courses like in Oxford and Rochester.

8. I don't play but all the other stoners do

9. Singthedeadsong...you play at kensington?!

That's amazing because I live 5 minutes from kensington! It's a nice course to get started on, but there are some real challenging ones out here. Holly rec. has a real nice one, and actually the biggest course in the country is in Ludington, Mi. About 4 hours from where I am, over on lake michigan.

Anyone who hasn't been and has thought about it, really should go because it is amazingly fun fun.

10. I play at the addison oaks course often, I live like 10 minutes walking from it haha... its like in oakland township..next to rochester and lakeville and shit.

I havent play kensington before but have been there quite a few times.

11. I play pretty much at least once a day as long as the wind is not bad. Shit sucks though, because I just moved back from school so I downgraded from a nice 18 hole course to a shitty 9 hole with fucked up baskets. Oh well, I still love to blaze and "frolf" as we call it around here.

12. if your ever around rochester hills, oakland, lakeville, romeo.. hit me up we can play addison its 24 holes..

I pretty much suck since im still new but id play.

13. yep me and my friends go alot. im not that great but im getting better :eek:

we have a few courses in my area, two big ones, and a few smaller ones.

bow chica wow woww:yay:

14. I fuckin love blazin and throwing discs I live in the middle of no where and there are like 3 course within 1/2 hour of me it's great.

15. hell yea disc golf is fun.

you know whats more fun? street hockey :D

lol but yea i love disc golf. havent played in a long time tho

16. haha, yea street hockey is bad ass too. I used to play that every day when I was younger and we had a bunch of people my age in my neighborhood, not anymore though.

Anyone from michigan ever played at the holly recreation area? That course is the shit, I've only ever played 2 courses but holly rec was way nicer than kensington, not to say that kensington isn't nice, I love that place, it is a great place for beginners. Holly rec is much more challenging, and i've been told by people who have played lots of courses that it is one of the nicer ones in the area.

17. I haven't played in a few years, but it is a relaxing fun game. Great game to blaze for.

18. Hell yea, nothin much better than wandering around through the woods, smokin' some fine herb and throwin a disc around.

Anyone got any good stories? Aces? I'd love to get one, I've only been at it for 2 years though, and some people I have talked to didn't get em for 7 years, but some get em their first year playing. I'm going to be ecstatic when I get one...I know it will happen. And I can't wait. Ha.

19. Greatest sport on the planet. I saw a few Mich folk in here. If any of you are around West Michigan, check out Branstrom park in Fremont. Its in the middle of butt fucked nowhere, but it is by far the coolest, most fun course Ive ever played.

20. Round here we call it hippie golf. My friends and I go to a huge state park in my area and get DOWN. Booze and spillfs out the ying yang. Once Im done summer school I'll get some rounds in.