Disc golf question course related

Discussion in 'General' started by Happysack, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Hello GC, I know there's a good bit of people on here who play disc golf so I figured I might be able to find an answer here.

I went up to the course today to play a little, somewhat nice day minus the rain but after about 3 holes I started noticing alot of trash about the course, most of the time when I have gone I see little trash if any the course is beautiful in the summer.

My question is this, are there people who volunteer to keep the course clean? Pickup trash and whatnot or is it more of a be respectful and don't litter type of thing? I hate seeing nice places turned to shit by people who are disrespectful.

I'll probably go up tomorrow after work and clean up all the trash I can find, it saddens me to see it that way plus I figure it's free the least I can do is donate a little of my time to keep it beautiful.

How are the course's around you? Are they well maintained? Does it cost money to play at other course's? This is the only one I have been to.

2. There is like 4 courses within 30 of my house. They stay pretty clean but the garbage cans fill with beer bottles pretty fast and the can get a issue. It is gonna be a while before i can play cause the courses around here are still pretty wet and there is still standing water in some places. and around here they have people that take care of the courses. and they are all free

3. 3 courses that close would be nice, theres 1 within 40 miles of me and another one about an hour and a half away. Beer bottles seemed to be one of the main things I saw too.

The course was very mudy and wet here too but I dont mind getting a dirty.

Thanks Nate.

4. I love getting drunk on golfcourses.

5. Well....when I used to live in Massachusetts there was a disk golf course near me. I met the only actual PDGA certified team that ever played on it and started talking with them. Apparently in some places Disk Golf is somewhat frowned upon...so what brings me to this is since the course was built next to a little town playground and near an elementary school and high school this land was considered the governments. Well the land was rotting away and in the early 90's a guy decided to buy it and build the course himself....the chain holes, platforms, everything....he had to pay for it all. And the worst part is that any vandalism or damage done the guy whom owned the land. The place was trashed all the time from the HS kids and everything.

So after that rant if your interested I would 1st call your city council and ask them about it...as my story said they might not even be responsible for it. But it is sad how people just have utter dis regard for out nature that surrounds us. It is sad and I wish more people would see this and help out.

Good luck getting your course clean...I love playing Disk Gold best thing ever.

6. Never thought of giving the city council a call that sounds like a good.

It is sad to see the way people treat nature, I hate seeing litter all about on the sides of the roads, in the parks, everywhere.

I didn't know that Disc golf was frowned upon in some places that seems odd to me, the normal reaction I get from people about it is "What's disc golf?"

Thanks for the advice.