"Disappointing" your parents?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Sheddingskin, Apr 29, 2009.

1. #1 Sheddingskin, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009
    So I recently posted about how my manager found a drawing I made on 420 and told my mom (As stated in another thread I'm 18, just a senior in high school). Well today after going to a funeral of a classmate and neighbor (he was 20 and died of an extremely rare form of cancer) my mom starts talking about how the kid that died made his mom really sad but it was becasue of something that he couldn't control so its ok, but that me doing "drugs" (I only smoke weed) is something that I can control so that I don't hurt her. She said that she used to be proud of me when she talked to my manager but now she doesn't know what my manager thinks of me and is embarassed.

Well I don't know what to think, I know that I won't let her find out and that I love her very much, I just don't want her to feel bad.

What about you guys?

2. your mom is obviously over reacting since she is so brainwashed. if she doesnt know the difference between weed and 'drugs' (i can only assume your only smoking) then she deserves to be disappointed. if she feels emberrased, then educate her. sit her down and make her watch the union:the buissness behind getting high

3. What the fuck is your mom doing talking to your manager?

4. actually somting kinda like this recently happened to me... mom found out i smoke about 5 months ago, told her i'd stop and i go a while without getting caught. few weeks ago she found my pot visene and a lighter, and she totally freaked out. (we were in the car, she was dropping me off at my friends house) so we were arguing, than i decided to leave... i walked out of the car. my parents both say how dissapointed in me they are. they are both completley overreacting because they dont know the truth. my mom and dad talk to me alot about how dissapointed they are in me... =(
    i'm with you bro! :smoking:

5. First, let's have a big "Awwwwwwwww" for this thread because everybody loves their parents :eek:

Second, why the hell is your manager talking to your mom? How old are you sir? If you're over 18, you might wanna tell your mom you love her but she should stay out of your job.

6. I love my Mom so much to I don't want to hurt her but its my life.

7. you haven't given much background on the situation with the manager/drawing/job but from what you've said if i were you i'd have a talk with my manager and tell him that he was out of line

8. he found a fucking drawing??? so what you like to draw illegal things it makes you feel empowered... end of story :smoke:
    next time when someone seeks to infringe on your rights, fuck em, lie to them.

9. Yea she found the drawing on her desk (well, I guess I was kinda baked at work for the first time, but I was the only one working. I forgot it there) and I guess since she takes the deposits to my mom at the bank (shes a teller) almost every day she felt obliged to tell her what she found.

Yea I basically told them that I just drew the picture because it was 420 and people were coming in saying "happy 420," so when I was bored I jsut drew what was on my mind.

Well my parents aren't really very good at catching me, both times was because of someone else (well this one was my fault, but it wasn't my parents that caught me). So I think that I'll be able to smoke without them knowing and being disappointed.

10. disappointing your parents is so much worse than them getting mad at you. Hands down