disappointed

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by rbee, Sep 16, 2010.

1. I have always been a huge hip hop fan for years. I have a wide range of artist I enjoy from old school, to underground, to a few mainstream artist out today. Sure I enjoy other genres, but hip hop has always been the genre of music that really stuck with me. I was never a rich suburban kid, and some of the stuff those dudes were saying was something I could relate to.

Being such a hip hop fan I even decided to try rapping myself. Writing and putting my feelings on paper has always been a strong point for me so why not try it? But after awhile I started to realize that I really have no place in hip hop. Why? b.c. im white. And I am not even joking. Any white rapper who isnt eminem is taken as a joke no matter how skilled they are. The only reason eminem gets respect is b.c. he sold records. On his infinite album everyone said he was a joke who jacked nas's style.

It saddens me to know that no matter how hard I try I will be seen as a joke due to the color of my skin. And Im not mad at anyone, im just mad at the way things are. Even the white guys who some say are dope are still seen as average or not that great when comparing them to dudes like jay z or kanye or lil wayne. Even people say eminem is overrated b.c. hes white.

After knowing that my voice will never be heard b.c. im white, ive pretty much given up on hip hop. The music that once took my troubles away is now giving me doubts. Wtf is the point? We are all just going to judge compare, and talk shit. Ill always be taken as a joke no matter how good my rhymes are. even Cage said that he sees no point trying to continue to prove himself in what is a black art form.

And no matter how much I wish I could be accepted as a rapper it will always be a black art form and I will always have no swag and no steez. But I guess i should accept that.

Just sharing my thoughts GC.

2. Not true at all, this kid I grew up with and knew my whole life makes some pretty good tracks for recording out of his house. It wasn't always good, it got good, I witnessed it. Haven't seen him in like a year but he's dope. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZwFuUvQwsI]YouTube - Wizz - Lonely People Produced by Cashous Clay[/ame]

3. eh...i guess so. But im sure if that kid happens to get his music out he will be crowned as "an average white rapper".

4. The point is not to care what people think, but to do what you love.

5. #5 I~Rok~Donks, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2010
    Jay,Kanye,Lil Wayne, and Em are all over rated IMO..

The skin issue is all in your head bruh, anyone that thinks rapping is a "black thing" is severely mistaken and their opinion should not be taken into consideration....

Like "jamesh" said do what you love and fuck the haters...

If you really love Hip Hop you shouldn't give up..

All this coming from a black guy..:wave:

6. there are lots of respected white rappers... sage francis, eyedea, aesop (although aesop might not be full white). im not too into it, but i know theres more.

7. mac millers making a name and hes not really good at all.
    just gatta have a swag bro.
    and shitting on yourself before anyone is why you have no place

and EV is a sick white rapper. but hes a real dude....
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st8SlIhxO-E"]YouTube - EVIDENCE - "MR. SLOW FLOW"[/ame]

8. I agree about Mac Miller, i'd rather listen to Wizz, that song Lonely People is stuck in my head.