Disabled Veteran's Personal Use Grow Room - Spot Check My Homework?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by White4Gulf, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Those tents aren't cheap, then lighting to cover the area, jeez.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Not cheap.... I feel like passing out at the cost of quality LED lighting.
    I am looking at 3600.00 in LED lights to do two 4x8 tents .

The trade off is I have all killer green bud I can smoke and reasonable power bills .
    I have never had pounds of personal weed just waiting for me to smoke it.

I am trying to keep both tents with 3 plants in each tent in flowering all the time .
    But pre staging plants and having them ready to go into flower as soon as i put the plants in the flowering tents is allot easier said then done .
    So far its more like I can have 6 week old plants ready and the plants need another month of vegetation after going into the tents .

For me I need a area for clones .
    A area for six young plants to complete a vegetation cycle .
    and two tents for six plants just in budding.
    And a area for a mother plant to clone off of .
    And doing this 100% in aeroponic systems .

Good fucking thing I am not married ……

3. Yeah, my wife isn't too happy with the money I've sunk into my area, and now that I'm finally at a point where I'm relatively happy with it, seeking an additional area, I thought she was going to strangle me.

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. I guess I am a bad choice woman Dammit :yay:
    I own my own place in full and everything inside and out ….. zero payments .
    I play my stereo at 3 am if I want and run around the house in my underwear I do just that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. haha, well we do those things as well, except for the zero payments part :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. If I wasn't ambitious, I'd throw some seeds in the woods out yonder.

I definitely believe I will f up the first few hundred grows. :) No illusion there. Knowing my luck, I will have it all figured out the day before they make it free at any starbucks.

I DEFINITELY need to study more on ventilation. I can regurgitate figures, but I don't understand the why's, which will make it hard to troubleshoot. Thank you for bringing it up!!ll

Additionally, the feminized seeds turning hermie is a concern. I've decided, since my first post, to get a larger assortment of strains and types. I know people have had luck with either, but I might as well learn how to do it multiple ways.

I can't spend 3500 on LED's and quantum physics gyroscopic light emitting thneeds and ooblecks just yet. Maybe when I get better.

I did not explain my mother/cloning plans. I apologize. Technically speaking, I will have three grow areas, just as you said. The flowering tent, the veg tent, and a table with the mother and clones beneath a 4 bulb 4' t5 HO. The mother in her own bubble bucket, the clones in a dwc tote until they're big enough to separate into their own bubble buckets. I understand cutting the roots from each other may be a problem, causing stress, from the same tote. From the tote, to buckets in the veg tent. So we'd be looking at a mother, a cloner, a seed germinator, and five 18" tall max plants supported by the T5. Yup, that's too ambitious. I'll need more light there, won't I? Maybe even a third tent? In any case , 5 18'' tall plants going into a 5x5 tent for 8 weeks should get at least 3' tall, which would mean they would get near 5' tall during 8 weeks of flower. Inside a 6.5' tall tent, I believe that's maxed out. 1 gram per watt, 1,000 watts, 2.2lbs. Meaning if I can be half as good as someone who knows what they're doing, I should be able to pull 1 pound?

Is my math wrong?

7. My friend, who got me started in January, just yielded 14 OZ per plant on 4 Gorilla Glue 4 ladies and it's some of the best I've ever seen in my 35 years of smoking it. He has a 1000W, a 400W and a 600W HPS. His plants grew to almost 7 ft tall and that was holding them back with LST training and topping twice.

This was right before harvest. The buds were so heavy, he had to use strong from the ceiling to hold them up. Lol, it looked like a puppet master show.
    IMG950907.jpg

These are half gallon jars full of the entire yield.
    IMG950962.jpg

It's absolutely NOT impossible to do. Be careful what you wish for, my friend! Lol, you just might get it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. First off, holy bud pron!

If a pro can do it with this equipment, then it'd be good enough for me to learn on. I might not get the pound right away, but it seems possible.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Well, to pull 2 pounds in the area you mentioned with the equipment you listed off is not unrealistic at all. What I'm on the fence about is your time frame, you said 2 pounds every 8 weeks. I mean that's definitely doable but I'm merely saying I think your expectations of your first grow are very ambitious. If it's not your first grow, my apologies, I did kind of skim over the original post because it was a little wordy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. @toolzor has a point. These 4 GG4 plants went 105 days total. 5 weeks was veg and the rest was flower time. Add in the 2 weeks of careful drying and another 2 for a proper cure and you're looking at around 130 to 140 days to complete one grow.

11. This is my first grow. I'm still in the planning phase.

I misunderstood. I thought the space/lights were insufficient.

If my math is correct, I would be taking clippings from the mother and cloning them, letting them grow for 8 weeks or so, then 8 weeks in the veg room, then 8 weeks in flower for a total grow time of 24 weeks from clone. I don't mean to imply it will be a pound harvested in 8 weeks from seed.

Bump it to 12 weeks?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Haha, at least you planned it out instead of what I did. I started off popping 6 beans under a friggin desk lamp. I had literally no clue what I was biting into.

If everything is planted in waves and timed out correctly, I'm sure 2 pounds every 8 weeks in your setup with proper training and nutes etc is definitely a reasonable figure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. True, I wasn't even including clone and training time, which I do. My room height is limited though so, with flower doubling their height, I've learned to move to flower a few weeks earlier.

14. That's good to hear, as I'm only shooting for 1 pound!

I do enjoy the internet. I have the world's collective human knowledge at my fingertips.

15. Yeah, I vegged mine for 3 days shy of 8 weeks. Next go around I'll probably only veg for 5-6 weeks. I'm pretty friggin near my ceiling and I've raised my lights just about as high as they can go. Just find myself monster cropping a new limb almost every day.

16. Where did I get two from? Well then. If you're talking perpetual harvest, in that area, a pound every 8 weeks is a very realistic expectation, as long as your timing is right, my apologies for misunderstanding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I just cried a bit @StickyBudHound out of pure joy. That is one of the most beautiful things I have seen.

@White4Gulf first off thanks for your service. Yes your undertaking is very ambitious and have to agree with toolzor. I set my expectations for my first grow a bit high and was unfortunately disappointed although I harvested too soon. $1,000 is a good start, but you go through that money quick getting everything setup. You've definitely done your homework now its just piecing it all together. You said the building you are using isn't insulated and with a couple of HPS' you are probably going to need that AC/heater unit and it still might get hotter than Haiti depending on your location and the season.

Good luck mate I think you will be just fine. Look forward to seeing your operation grow. Tell that guy charging $60 an 8th to go f himself. If you need some to get by just say you only have $40 and he will probably bite.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I think because i said something like "someone who knows what they're doing can pull 2 pounds". I'm shooting for halfway competent. :)

19. You can easily do a perpetual and harvest half your room every month if you wanted. You have 8 weeks to veg if choosing to flower 8 week strains. That’s plenty of time whether from seed or clone to hit your 9 plant count. Younseem like a methodical person (like me), I have no doubt you will hit your goal. If you haven’t bought seeds yet, check out Ethos Genetics. They have some serious strains and the Rainmakers I’m currently growing have been a pleasure

20. My ceiling is only 6' and a few inches. Luckily my lights are LEDs so not a lot of heat problems but still, it's a limit I've learned how to deal with. My goal these days is to grow midgets with around 8 to 10 big head buds about 8 to 12 inches long and as big around and dense as I can get them. If I can get 6 oz per plant, I'll be overjoyed! Lol

My last grow, I yielded about 3 oz per. I'm happy with that but not satisfied.