DirtyViperMan's In ground Organic grow Durban Poison

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by DirtyViperMan, May 15, 2011.

1. Oh ok nice, I figured u wouldn't go to all that trouble of having a beautiful crop to have it be diminished by seed. U went all out on soil prep and it paid off fully! Great things to come

2. nice grow !!!

HTF I missed this is ..... unforgivable :eek:

I would be a paranoid MoFo in a city with that backyard. (+rep 4 balls and great journal )

Can't help but hearing my Dad in my ear as I look at the pics "if you got weeds you didn't use enough straw." :smoke:

big boy you got there...... any larger and your gonna have to get it an agent. :cool: seriously awesome :)

well, Sub'd in now at least ( :yay: 4 the best part....)

Wharf

3. I am not paranoid surprisingly enough, it would be very difficult to get into the backyard then exit it with out being seen or heard. Yeah I got four nice males this year very happy with them. The biggest one finished at around 7 feet tall before cutting him down. The fast was around 6'8'' or so. The other two I put in 10g pot 75% native soil,25% cheap home depot garden soil and only watered with the 8.1 ph water that comes out of my hose. They tolerated much better the other 9 that died with in the first month like that. I want to widen the Ph range on these plants, they are surprisingly intolerant of it.

Well, now that your here enjoy the show.

4. Subscribed to this topic, will be back.

5. Welcome to the NorCal Forest.

6. yo!:smoke: stoned... tuesday man!:D

7. High ya Dirty :wave: This is nice, real nice! Your plantz are big, bushy, and beautiful! Nice growin' :D

[​IMG] :smoke: :) Dispensary clones have mites :mad:

8. Update time. AS of yesterday I ran out of the hydro ph down Mad scientist brand. So know I am using 71% pure sulfuric acid, one drop brings 1g of water at 8.1 down to 3.5. Oh it is some awesome stuff. Downside is im out there with big, full arm, black chemical gloves, and my water can. The plants are to tall for me to get great pictures of the buds, but here we go anyways.
    Pic1 is my three selected females, two of them are about 6'7 or so the third is at 7'5'' right now.
    Pic2,3 are 707 purple head band.
    Pics 4,5 is Pure Durban Poison
    Pics 6,7 is an unknown plant that I received from ol'man Iron
    Pics 8 Is TrainwreckXElephant. It is doing amazing fast growth, super sticky, and resistant to Caterpillars
    .Pics 9,10 are inside looking up at both DurbanX Elephants.

Attached Files:

9. Group shot this is looking off my back porch.

Attached Files:

10. Beautiful man, envious for sure lol

11. Got bored, lots of bud shots.

Attached Files:

12. Last few good ones.

Attached Files:

13. Thank you for stopping by Buzz. They have mites and Mildew, not to mention its the same old things that everyone else has. Its much more fun to have growing from seed.

14. Wow Dirty, these are lookin real nice! I love the looks of the huge cola's :D This should be a great harvest. How much longer they got to go?

15. Yeah they are looking extremely nice, the durban looks mighty potent! What kind of strains did u use for the parents of the sativas? Any guess or did it start off as random genetics? Sorry if it's been asked or answered I'm the past, the pages are getting high in numbers anymore :cool:

16. Yes this will be a great harvest I have been outside everyday looking for caterpillars prevent the damage. The earliest one I think will be late Sept. The latest could be any where from early Nov. to early Dec at this rate.

I have a few gifted strains, that I didn't make, but the ones I did. The Mothers are Durban Poison, Trainwreck, Elephant F1. The father was Elephant F1 a vigorous, large frame, large leaf, long stretch almost 4x, large tight Catkins, resistant to spider mites, some resistance to mildew and all his progeny have shown a increase in density of resin. His parent are of unknown origin. In the F2 generation there was a wide variety of pheno types, common Dom traits include crazy stretch any where from 3x-5x, long wide leaves, bulky strong stock, long semi open branches, sweet/sickly sweet smell, large, long conical colas, and highs that were over powering, effects varied though. Rec traits, long thin leaves, no/minimal branching, minimal stretch, strawberry candy smell, less potency, long spear colas.
    I hope that answers your question and you where the first to ask.

17. It does indeed! Sounds like quite a high level mix, I've been thinking of mixing in god bud into my genetic pool but as I've had some trouble with the health of this one I'm thinking not yet, gotta dial her in first.(I think I'm going to flush to lower the chances of the sodium toxicity u mentioned) But I've also been wanting to get some sativa in there for the mental high for a little break from the heavy narcotic indica that it is now, any recommendation for a smaller size sativa with a good high? I'm not too worried about flavor as the fruity berry w/ pineapple tang/pine aftertaste is really dominant and a fan favorite. I usually stick to as all indica as I can get so I'm a little stumped as to where to start on sativas

Edit: forgot to mention that I really like the view from the porch!

18. #78 DirtyViperMan, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011
    Part of my breeding selection is my growing system it does not favor heavy feeders, nor weak hard to manage growing types.

As far as things that I can personally recommend.
    Sensi seeds Durban
    Seedsman Seeds African Buzz Seeds
    Seedsman Seeds Mama Thai Seeds
    Durban poison is my most recommend plant to anyone who wants a fast flowering Sativa, she does tend to get long and lanky but she smoke is sweet and motivating, I go to work on that and able to remain focus on tedious task without losing focus. When ever you get land race/true breeding plants, allow them to be open pollinated allow every male and female to make seeds. This way you can move as much of the Genotype into the next generation where you can look through a larger population for more desired phenotype.

And for things that I have already ordered but haven't had time to grow out and do selective open pollination.
    Bodhi Seeds Nepali Watermelon Hashplant
    Reeferman Seeds Nepalese Highland
    Reeferman Seeds Nigerian Nightmare
    Reeferman Seeds Blackseed
    Reeferman Seeds Santa Marta Colombian Gold
    The Real Seed Company Garhwali
    The Real Seed Company Nanda Devi
    The Real Seed Company Pahari Farmhouse
    Gage Green Seeds Colombian Gold
    Gage Green Seeds Colombian Black

Once I am allowed to start my indoor operation again I will be going through those.:):):)

19. Oh man great list as my phone gives me a low batt warning LOL! I'll have to look more in depth when I get to the comp, the heavy feeding part is what's givin me a trip on god bud, thankfully the flowering clones are in a heavier amended soil and are not showing the same issues as the mother which has me nervous. I've been eyeing your durbs for a while now, been curious before but kinda strayed away for one reason or another, but I take it u really like it as u are keeping it in the gene pool! Colombian black also looks very intriguing

20. Really liking Durban is understatement, to say the least.:hello: Its like prozac, just makes you up and chipper and like a 10 yrs old kid spastic sometimes, but I like being happy... sometimes. Durban is a corner stone of my breeding program without a doubt. If your a outdoor grower DP from seed in ground that is a beast that everyman should tangle with.:D