Dirty Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SharpShooter89, May 31, 2013.

1. Can you put new soil on top of older dirt???

2. How old is old

if we all had a smoke we wouldn't need war!!

3. Not too old. I want to fill my pots up to at least the cotyledon leaves but I would have to use fresh dirt/soil. Just wondering if it would matter. My plants are still vegging..

4. I am wondering the same thing. I have noticed that some soil has drained out of the pot with runoff. But more soil on top would not mean that the roots would grow upward would it?

5. topping is recommended throughout your grow cycle. Many top with soil, earth worm castings, guano's many things. 

So yes, it is ok!

6. Lmfao!! Is that what people mean when they say "they're topping their soil"?? Thanks tweakz!!!

7. lol yes, we all learn its cool ;)

8. I started my grow (first time but lots of educated reading) by using a cup with 3in soil and putting seed in 1in deep then when it grew to 2-3in tall I transplanted to perm home and topped soil up to just under the false leaves (embreonic leaves) I got 2 days with no growth but alls growing vgood now so go for it

9. the 2 days of no growth was either root growth or you shocked it during transplant.

10. Well thanks guys. My plant is about 2wks old. It's not in its perm home although I'm unsure if I'm gonna move it. Figure I'll wait till I see roots out the bottom. Lol but the pot it's in now is fairly small and I feel like there should be more dirt in it. image.jpg

11. Kinda what I thought but won't rule out anything. as from what I see on here even the smallest of things can cause stunting.

12. Oh and I do tend to fill my pots as much as poss. Leaving a small amount of space. I'll go take a pic of mine now and show you mine at 2weeks

13. Is yours 2wks also?? I'm dying to know what mines should look like from an actual pic. Lol I started mines outdoor. It's still outdoors.

14. Ok so this is from the side 1370036047800.jpg
    This is top 1370036066582.jpg
    This is the setup 1370036107035.jpg

So far I've not finished my room as you can see

15. #15 SharpShooter89, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
    Not bad. Not bad. I haven't really set up a room either. Lol I'm pretty much just playing it by ear. Right now it's outside on the back patio. Once it starts getting bigger and more prominent, then I'll find a closet to gut out and fix up. Lol.

16. My reqson is the wife lol just adding little bits at a time so as not to aggrivate her. She doesn't like the fact its there but I've assured her the £40 I've spent so far is by far a lot less than the price of the yeild I'll get in return. Plus I can also reuse most if it barring the soil and seed lol but I have 20+ seeds I've saved over the last 2ish years

17. Oh I've qlso got a diary going in the indoor section under " my first grow diary"

18. that pot should be good for 2 months or so. Im not an indoor person so i cant really give u any pointers on it from that aspect. But indoors, most people finish in a 5 gallon bucket.