Dirt getting on lower buds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by N00bygrower, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Hey everyone i just want to know if dirt getting my lower bud sites would be a potential problem for mold & or rendering the bud unsmokeable? As i am expecting heavy rain & possibly strong winds until tuesday i have put a makeshift tarp to protect them. Any way to clean it off the buds? i am growing 3 white widow autos from CKS they are on day 62/ week 8 from seed but when it comes to total days flowering its been flowering for 42 days/6 weeks feedback would be appreciated thanks

Attached Files:

2. Mulch the ground all around your plants to prevent sand from getting on your lower buds

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Whenever my buds have gotten dirty, it is very difficult to get off, sometimes impossible....but I have bone dry sandy loam in my yard... The more humus in the soil, the easier it is to get off. The more vigorously you try with water or whatever else, the resin glands burst and the resin mixes with the dirt, especially the fine grit. Find a way for them to not get dirty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. here are some pictures of the dirty buds

Attached Files:

5. here are some pictures of the dirty buds

Attached Files:

6. They probably won't taste very good. Your gonna dull the fuc out of your scissors or whatever you trim with if you decide to harvest them.

7. Iunno man, I think it'll be tough to get it all out, but never hurts to try. I am guilty of smoking some buds with grit....a bit harsh. Worst case scenario for me would to cut the outside surfaces of the buds off, and dry and smoke the inside dirt-free parts of the bud....problem solved

• Like Like x 1
  8. Its not mold right?

9. Its not mold right?

10. I didn't see any

11. Did you see the pics i sent?

12. Your branches shouldn't be hanging in the soil.
    It invites bugs and mold.
    Those little buds on the lowest branches are usually popcorn larf. Just cut those branches off and put them in the compost. You'll never get all the dirt out. It's better for the overall health of your plants.

13. So i should cut off?

14. Mulch heavily around your plants with old hay.

This will do a number of things, including maintaining soil moisture, attracting worms and preventing rain splash.

j

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Three bucket wash at end of harvest too.
    Umm 3 five gal buckets. My brains farting right now but I know there's lemon juice and peroxide involved in two of them.
    Third buckets plain water.

Did it myself once and it worked wonderful.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Three bucket wash? Never heard of it but wouldnt mind trying it out

17. Yes. In my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Before i make a decision hopefully more people can chime in

19. It is SOP to cut all low hanging branches to keep the plant out of the soil.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. You're really going to do this to save 8 grams of fluffy popcorn larf?

• Agree Agree x 1