Dirt and mud in/on buds help....?!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by virginiared, Aug 23, 2009.

1. PROBLEM! I have a nice outdoor plant, she's been flowering for 3 weeks now, she isnt very tall but has 3 colas and a ton of off shoot buds, WHENEVER IT RAINS HARD LIKE IT JUST DID IN VIRGINIA the soil gets launched up from the rain and some little chunks of dirt or mud get stuck on or in and around the buds, I can get most of it but I know come harvest time I cant get all of it out, its not like I can shake the plant when I cut her down right? and I absolutley cant rinse it, so What do I do? Just get as much of the dirt off her as possible? PLEASE HELP! About 3 weeks till Harvest!
    Does anyone else have this problem with their outdoor stuff? Shes so short but bushy.
    -VA Red

2. puts a new meaning to dirt weed. Why cant you just rinse off?

3. Yeah man, not sure why you wouldn't be able to just rinse her off. Why is that?
    -Kyung Yi

4. Wouldnt washing or rinsing the buds wash away the crystals??

5. Wouldnt the water wash away the crystals?

6. if the rain didnt wash them away then i would say a little rinse wouldnt hurt.

7. I just think rinsing it would wash away the crystals, This is some really good indica/sativa hybrid with giant hairs and tons of white crystals, but I definitley dont want to be smoking and tasting dirt in the buds.

8. Get a spray bottle and lightly mist them. might take a bit but it should be worth it.

9. I would not do anything to them. Its natural for the buds to get tainted with a bit of dirt once and a while. My advice is to not touch them at all. From my experience, it is much easier to pick off the dirt when you trim.

10. Put some straw down around them to prevent it from happening......

11. use landscape fabric/filter cloth

12. Lol thats seriously really the simple preventative answer lol, I thought about that earlier, lol but was like, "I wonder if anyone is going to comment on the soil and putting somthing onto the soil to prevent it from splashing up", thats definitley something im gonna do, I threw down corn husks earlier today, hopefully corn husks will be ok for them, But yeah the buds are already big and even if i did put something down the bottom half of buds would still have dirt contamination. The dirt actually has a name around here, Virginia Red Clay.
    This plant is growing in VA red clay, so I named it after it. This plant has somehow done amazing in this shit and it seems to be everything resistant! I guess just when I cut the buds off in 3ish weeks Ill just go through them and get as much crap as possible from em. PEOPLE SAID TO RINSE THEM? IS THAT A VIABLE SOLUTION??!:confused:

13. Ok So I should just let it be then and just do what I can with the big pieces? cus honestly I shouldnt rinse it, but the clay wont burn cus its clay so really im thinking it wouldnt affect the Taste....

14. fuck rinsin them jus dont bother and like most cunts been sayin wont that rinse the trichromes off . . . wait till harvest then get wat mud off that you can. . . the smoke it. . .

15. TRUE lol i thought of that after i posted this, im just too high haha, but what do I do for the buds that already have little flecks of Va red clay all over em, I was thinking, because clay doesnt burn that it may not matter, I can try to get as much off when I cut my girls down in 3 weeks but im not sure if it will be bad for em or will be bad or wont matter. Ill def tho put something down, I just put down corn husks all around the plant, hopefully it will fertilize also...:confused:

16. Thats tru, if that heavy ass rain I had didnt get rid of em then a little spray from the hose shouldnt hurt! WORD!!:cool:

17. one word...

Duster

Made for getting dirt out of hard to reach places. Just be careful and don't put to close or upside down..

Note: one for the plant two for you one for the plant two for you...:smoking: j/ks

18. #19 knowledge_83, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009

nah the trichomes arent water soluble meaning no it wont wash away the crystals ...and yea u can shake her around a lil bit when u chop her ...so go ahead and slap ya bitch up

i dont think a duster would be a good idea that will probly smear the crystals around and what not. wouldnt recommend that one..but might depend on the type of duster and how u do it might help . but i still wouldnt do it

19. Like others said take a mister bottle and rinse. And to prevent the water from splashing up put some mulch down. Plus it will retain water and keep the roots cool.

Like others said u can shake them a lil bit to get the water off. I usually do it when it rains and there are buds on(mold reasons).

Good luck and happy growing.

Bunga