Direct light or not?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by yoloweedo, May 2, 2020.

1. Should this seedling be in direct light?[​IMG]

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

2. Yeah...........wouldn't/won't hurt it at all........IMO

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yes.....without a dome.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks guys. So it doesn't need the dome now? My humidity is 50- 55 without it. Someone said to use it for two weeks after its sprouted

5. lol........ask 100 different people and youll get 100 different answers........I PERSONALLY never use a dome....i plant my seeds in their final 5 gallon pot and let then do their thang.......

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Domes are for clones......not seedlings. 50% rh is fine.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Cheers guys. Yea Mick I did it that way without the dome they grew very slow and ended up stretching really far so I put them in the dome because I thought it was related to the humidity. From what I've read the dome is better for growth but you don't get air movement inside so I'm leaning towards the air being the problem or the light distance but everything else is growing fine so Im lost for ideas haha got some different heights some in Dome.. some out of dome just to try work it out haha. I can tell you one thing though all week I've had no leaf growth just stem I put it in Dome last night.. this morning there's massive leaves on it and no stretch since yesturday. I think maybe if I got a fan.. they could survive without the dome haha I don't know help me make sense of thisssssss lol

8. Plants don't stretch because of a dome......they stretch for light.
    Is the pic you posted an example of massive leaves?
    As I mentioned earlier......50% humidity is fine.
    You're welcome to use the dome if you like........just keep in mind that too much moisture can result in nasty pathogens to grow. Nothing beats fresh air.
    Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bro I aint saying your wrong about anything dont take me wrong way :D I just think the dome is helping right now because of lack of airflow. I'm talking your advice! Just need to get a fan to mix the air my new one arrives tomorrow so hopefully I'll get some good air in this cudboard and take dome off then! As for the massive leaves haha they were tiny for a whole week literally thought right that's it.. it's dead. One night in Dome.. they had tripled in size gone nice green.

10. I'm not taking it the wrong way brother.......I said to use the dome if you like. I'm just telling you my opinion.
    Still waiting for the before and after pics showing that they tripled in size overnight. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ahhaha I haven't got any I don't think. They literally did though bro I'll try find some pics. All because of that dome ahha I'm guessing what happened is the light is too intense for em without good airflow so they haven't got good roots and because of bad humidity out of dome, There was no other uptake... Soon as i put it in there was access to water through the leaves. And that's where the magic happened that's my theory anyway haha. Basically the plant didn't grow at all in a week all it had was two tiny leaves and next morning they were big

12. I like your opinions by the way mate it all helps me think about things and learn.

This is first time I've started seeds by the way I'm not even growing them out haha just wanting to learn I've always done clones before and done well with them :D I want to learn how to seed and clone at the moment so in the future I can pick the strains I want and keep them.

13. never used a dome for seedlings just clones. as soon as my tap root comes out and it goes in soil its under the light before it even sprouts. I keep humidity around 70% until it sprouts then lower as it grows until I get around 40% I go as low as 30% anything lower than that ive had issues.

• Like Like x 1