Direct experience using T5 CF for flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by leo7, Jan 1, 2007.

1. I have heard the T5 lights do a great job for vegging but what about for flowering?
    Obviously, they can be closer to the plants (less heat) but they have less lumens than say a 600w HPS. Have you tried the flowering tubes with this kind of light set-up?
    Thanks!
    :D

2. High leo! T5 emit a powerful intensity, but only for a short distance. (0in.-10in.) thats great for veg. when they are short. But when the plants are taller during flower, they wouldnt penetrate past the upper most canopy. Perhaps if you did a scrog or lst, id be more effective. But nowhere near what a 400-600w hps would produce for the same $$. Peace and I hope that helps a bit, TBug

3. yeah. that makes a lot of sense. thanks.
    now i am curious about a scrog grow. has anyone tried these lights with that set-up?
    i am looking at using one of the 4' systems with eight lamps.
    peace.

4. actually the t5's work relatively well with flowering, especialy with using lst, if you have some extra money it do you better to go with two 4lamp 4' systems, and angle them. also a few cfl spirals on the sides of the plants and or using your mylar properly can make floros work very impressively. i started out with using a 400w hps for flowering, then after like my 8th grow started experiimenting with floros, and the diffrence with heat problems i was having made it even more worth it

5. thank you for the tips. i may give it a try!