Dinosaurs

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by boredjim8, Dec 25, 2005.

1. What does god .. or the bible.. or jesus .. say about dinosaurs?? .. are dinosaurs real?>> fake?> wwee

2. i dont know what all that shit says about em, nor do i care too much.
    i like to think they were real because well, all those bones, look at the bones, heh

3. tokinblue your second line is priceless

i have no idea, what religions say about them, bad ass though

4. so they dont exist in the bible or anything?

5. ive never actually "read" it persay but ive heard others read and i never really heard it. mayb i just wasnt paying attention tho. anyone else have any clue haha

6. im sorry, as a paleontologist, i cant beleive people actually say this crap. they talk about evolutionists like a wierd deranged cult that kills people. They base all their "facts" on a fucking book and NOTHING else. When people say that there is no proof that the earth is billions of years old, then they denounce all of science. So those things they ride in to go to work. Not real. Science doesnt exist, so how could it of made a car, or an airplane, or a house. And since they denounce science, then math might as well not exist either. Carbon dating is a fact. Half-lifes are real. Math is used to calculate these. These are all relevant things that have some basis in almost every field of science. And if dinosaurs supposedly walked the earth with man, then uh how come they died, and we live? Im sure things the size of a 8 story building just died because they felt like it. OH and if they did exist, how could noah fit them into his arc? How did the T rexes and the triceratops get along? Yeah, anyone that believes this needs help. thats just all i have to say.

7. kenny i odnt understand waht ur gettin at?

8. sorry i got really caught up. I was saying that the sites given to explain your question are bogus. The bible may mention things about them, however the practicality of the situation that the bible creates is completely impossible. And dinos are just as real as you and i, they died, but there is too much evidence that they existed when scientists say they did and that they died of natural events and evolution continued its course and now we are here.

9. all i know is that dinos were bad fucking ass (not bad ass enough tho, cause uhhh...theyre not here anymore haha, but hey, somethings are just out of our hands, right?).

10. Im not trying to say that im smarter than you or anything because im pretty sure you know alot more than me, because i have no idea what the top half of that said, but you cant say they never existed because of the story of noahs arc. I mean, of course its not real man.. that shit just doesnt happen. How the fuck do you build a boat to support the weight of all that with zero supplies? im-fucking-possible heh. well anyways i mean. wait.. i dont even remember dinosaurs being on noahs arc.. i thought it was all just elephants and rhinos and shit.. anyways,...just because one religion says they existed doesnt mean they DID or DIDNT thats all i meant to say.

11. im not going to base my opinion about dinos on what a book says...ill base it on evidence...and evidence says they DID exist and now they dont.

12. i know that, i was justifying their existence from several view points and that even if the bible says they existed, the bible would be wrong because that single statement would make half of the stories in there impossible because of dinos existence. They had supplies, but even if they pulled a jesus miracle with the loafs of bread and fish, it still isnt possible. And yes, religion didnt discover dinos, but since dinos existed, religions must be help accountable for their lack of clarity and the fact that what they say is contradicted. If you notice, christianity is one of the only (maybe the only) religion that goes against science on so many levels that it can almost be written off as nonsense. i'm sorry if i am attacking christianity, but this thread is about that and science. And i am just sticking up for the science end.

13. Ok cool I agree with everything except for

Im pretty sure all the other religions definately spout out nonsense too.

and just so you know im not sticking up for anything, im just high. I dont go to church or think about dinosaurs.

14. the bible is just a way to control the feeble minded.

best scam EVER. i wish i thought of it....

15. al gore did.

16. al gore created teh internets and teh heavens.

someone shoot me...i cant belive i just used the word "teh"

17. heh its ok, and yeah other religions babble on, i just was saying that Christianity does it a little to much for it to be as widespread. I mean look at Scientology, i bet alot of people who have half a brain would say that is complete and total bullshit. And i agree. the bible just covers it up with so much and was started really before the actual idea of science came along to prove it wrong. So it dug its roots with it's lies and now is too infused in our culture to be simply thrown out. And just so you know, i attend (unwillingly) a southern baptist church almost every sunday, so i am quite familiar with the teachings of the extreme christians who will use the bible to interpret anything as long as they are right.

18. you unwillingly go to church? well, that sucks. thats not even religion then.. its just someone forcing you to listen to stories and smell old things