Dilemma, well sort of

Discussion in 'General' started by e&a, Oct 9, 2005.

1. I recently got offered a job(today) at some bagel place. Now this is cool and all since this is the first place to call me back, but the problem is its $7.00 starting. And theres my dilemma, should i just take this job start saving and doing whatever with the money, or hold out for maybe a better job/pay? Any comments apperciated. Thanks.

2. take the job...atleast it's something. $7.00/hr. is a lot more than some people make. anyways, you can always look for something better while you're working at the bagel place, atleast you'll be making money in the meantime.

3. yeah, money is money. u can at least work at this place while looking for a better job. plus bagels are good, especially w/ cream cheese.

4. lol, thanks for the replies, i decided ill call him tommorrow and take it. I was thinking the same thing, money is money.

5. Yeah, no doubt. $7.00/hour is better than the $0/hour you're making now :p

6. free bagels mate....

7. yup....take it..

because now when you get an offer they have to offer you MORE to leave the job you have....always a good ace in the hole ...a couple of jobs down the line an your making 10.00 an hr or more...

employers tend to compete for people that are willin to give something up to come work for them....an they will give you more money to STAY if you get an offer after you go to work for them....its a win / win for you....

8. dude definitely take it, i only make 7.50 until my 90 day probation period is up and i do like actual physical work, all you'd be doin is puttin bagels in bags and eatin them bitches for free, sounds fire as hell to me

9. i only make 6 an hour. i need a better job :-\ but i get all the free pizza and drinks i want.

10. Thats the thing i was making 7.50 ending at my last job, so thats why im kind of pissed of about that, but i did ask for 8.00, maybe that pissed him off lol.

11. um dont have a job..but if i did all id be makin is 6.50 an hour im sure of it

12. 7.00 an hour adds up fast

while 0.00 will go no where fast

13. take it dude, believe me. thats what i started at. Most places wont give you starting above 7.50...so take it

14. def take it dude. money's money. just keep lookin for a job while your working at that one

and for whoevers makin 6/hour, isnt that under minimum wage?

15. I wouldn't move a finger for 7 bucks an hour

16. Nah, I'm pretty sure that minimum wage is $5.15

17. minimum wage is 6.50 by me im pretty sure, and thats without the tax deduction

18. Its 6.75 here.

19. i would just take the job for now, but keep your ears open for any better offers, who really cares if you piss the bagel place off haha, just make sure the new job is gonna be better and everything. Maybe even work them both for a few days to see what you like better.

20. Minimum wage here is 11 bucks if you're under 18 and 14 bucks if you're over 18.