Digital vs. Standard lighting?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ISellBomb, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Hey I was doing some research but cant find an answer as to the pros and cons of digital lighting. Is it superior in any way?

I thought I read it was no good for some reason. What do you guys think?

2. Digital lighting as in Digital Ballast...? starts the moment you click the "BUY" button
    as in the ballasts are considerably lighter than the conventional ballasts you buy, saving you money in freight costs, and ends years later as they last also considerably longer, not to mention all those bulbs that you may have saved on, most growers replace there bulbs yearly, but with digital ballasts some are saying they only replace every 18 - 24 months, though I've yet to verify this.
    Not to mention the saving of only owning one digital ballast that can do both Mh and Hps

peace

3. Actually magnetic ballasts last much longer than digitals and are much easier to repair components on. I have an old magnetic 650w ballast from the 90s that still works. They last forever but thats about the only good thing they have going. Digital is smaller and lighter, silent, more efficient, makes bulbs last, etc. Definintly no 2 years, they used to say a year but now all the experienced people and shops are saying to replace every six months, i dont buy it, lol. Digital is just so much nicer.